one of the most things i want to see in breaking dawn ..the relationship between bella and rosalie in part 1 and part2...especially in part 2..i want to know if rosalie will be nice to bella or still jealous...but any way i dont like rosalie . i see her very selfish , cold feeling person...may be in breaking dawn , she is one of the reasons renesemee exsited  cuz she was bella's protector but that doesnt change anything. she doesnt care about wht will happen to bella or care about her brother edward if anything happen to bella...may be she wanted ababy soo much but that doesnt mean that she must be cold feeling person..doesnt care  about wht happen to the baby's parents..she only sees wht she wants ..doesnt care about anything else..i hate that kind of people.  from my view she always look at her past. wht she lost..she didnt try to move on...if u read midnightsun ( stephenie's draft ) chapter 7 * melody*..edward talked about rosalie's character...selfish , doesnt care about anything except her self, of course she loves her family but number 1 is herself ...also in the same chapter when edward and emmett went to hunt together ..they talked about bella and emmett asked edward if he want to change her and emmett dont mind that but they said that rosalie will mind of course..edward said to him self that rosalie would give up anything just to be human even if that mean that she will leave emmett, the one she loves... in breaking dawn , everytime i read book 2 , i feel angry cuz of her..she acted sooo cold with edward..didnt at least understand wht he is going through..(seeing the one he lives dying..)..she only cared about the baby .nothing else..even if that mean bella and edward's death... and after bella become a vampire...i surprised why she acted nice to bella..because she is afraid if she still acted badly to bella, bella will force her to stay away from her daughter or wht...but we will see everything clearly on the big screen. i hope they make rosalie's motives sooo clearly..

i just want to know other people's views about rosalie's character...

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not the biggest fan of Rosalie. In the first two movies (Twilight and New Moon) Rosalie's character seems a little indifferent, off-putting, unfriendly and "cold". In the third film (Eclipse), we hear the story of how Rosalie became vampire, so after that I began to understand her better. (The books are the best sources of examining Rosalie's character)  I began to understand why Rosalie is such as she is. I don't think that Rosalie is a malicious or evil by nature or intentionally.  She was born in a good family and received a gift of an incredible beauty, and her family waited for Rosalie to marry someone rich man, and establishing a family. But Rosalie was happy just to be herself, a beautiful Rosalie Lillian Hale. Rosalie maybe experienced her beauty sometimes like burden, and she maybe has thinking that it she would probably have lived a normal human life, quite happily, if she would have been "less attractive". Maybe Rosalie thought sometimes that without her beauty Royce King II(his ex-fiancée) would not have paid attention to her, and Rosalie would not have been eventually raped by Royce and his friends. Alone this experience is certainly enough to harden her heart with pain. And then Carlisle rescued Rosalie, who has recently been happy, then suddenly desecrated by rape and left to die alone on the street, and after that she suddenly woke up a vampire. Rosalie was told that she had envied her friend who was then happily married, and they loved each other a lot. An they also had beautiful baby boy with dark curly hair,  and Rosalie envied her friend happiness and her family. Rosalie was told that after that she has noticed that she herself has lived in loveless relationship.

All this seemed to affect her a lot, and even after she find Emmett and Rosalie became a lot happier, she still could not forget the injustice that she experienced, and the fact that she did not get the opportunity to choose her own destiny. She still miss her human life, and how humans move forward in their life, but she and Emmett will always remain in place. Rosalie doesn't hate Bella, but she envious her and that Bella has the opportunity to choose.

In the final book (Breaking Dawn) Rosalie becomes guardian of Bella's unborn child, and she has revealed new aspects of herself, we can see how she becomes almost motherly when she hear that Bella gets a child. Bella calls and ask Rosalie's help to protect her child because she knows that Rosalie understands what it means to want a child so much as Bella wants to keep her child. Between reading Breaking Dawn I could not say what were the real motives of Rosalie, would she had really done anything to save the child's life, would she really sacrificed Bella or doesn't Rosalie really don't care Edward's feelings. On the other hand I know that Rosalie loves Edward much, because in the New Moon when Edward and Bella hold the vote at the Cullen's house after Bella has traveled to Italy to save Edward's life, Rosalie thank Bella for that she had the courage to go to save his brother's life when she did not have the courage. New Moon tells that Rosalie was the one who finally told Edward the news of Bella's death. She feels terrible guilt about that she nearly caused the death of her brother.

I think that Rosalie loved Renesmee like as Bella loved Renesmee with all her heart, even before Renesmee was born, and even Renesmee hurt her badly as she grow fast. Rosalie loved Bella's child as anyone mother for her child, or a mother who wants to save her child's life, although at the expense of her own life, as crazy as it maybe sounds like. I think I understand Rosalie better, although I didn't always liked some of her influences or her behavior toward others. Although Rosalie is perhaps a bit selfish sometimes, Rosalie however loves her family and defend them until the last.

This is perhaps a little confused thought about Rosalie's character, but hopefully you guys will understad what I'm saying. :)

ya..u described rosalie's character very clearly..but from my view she always look at her past. wht she lost..she didnt try to move on...if u read midnightsun ( stephenie's draft ) chapter 7 * melody*..edward talked about rosalie's character...selfish , doesnt care about anything except her self, of course she loves her family but number 1 is herself ...also in the same chapter when edward and emmett went to hunt together ..they talked about bella and emmett asked edward if he want to change her and emmett dont mind that but they said that rosalie will mind of course..edward said to him self that rosalie would give up anything just to be human even if that mean that she will leave emmett, the one she loves...

in breaking dawn , everytime i read book 2 , i feel angry cuz of her..she acted sooo cold with edward..didnt at least understand wht he is going through..(seeing the one he lives dying..)..she only cared about the baby .nothing else..even if that mean bella and edward's death...

and after bella become a vampire...i surprised why she acted nice to bella..because she is afraid if she still acted badly to bella, bella will force her to stay away from her daughter or wht...but we will see everything clearly on the big screen. i hope they make rosalie's motives sooo clearly..

Sarah "Lil" Ann-Marie Cullen said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Rosalie. In the first two movies (Twilight and New Moon) Rosalie's character seems a little indifferent, off-putting, unfriendly and "cold". In the third film (Eclipse), we hear the story of how Rosalie became vampire, so after that I began to understand her better. (The books are the best sources of examining Rosalie's character)  I began to understand why Rosalie is such as she is. I don't think that Rosalie is a malicious or evil by nature or intentionally.  She was born in a good family and received a gift of an incredible beauty, and her family waited for Rosalie to marry someone rich man, and establishing a family. But Rosalie was happy just to be herself, a beautiful Rosalie Lillian Hale. Rosalie maybe experienced her beauty sometimes like burden, and she maybe has thinking that it she would probably have lived a normal human life, quite happily, if she would have been "less attractive". Maybe Rosalie thought sometimes that without her beauty Royce King II(his ex-fiancée) would not have paid attention to her, and Rosalie would not have been eventually raped by Royce and his friends. Alone this experience is certainly enough to harden her heart with pain. And then Carlisle rescued Rosalie, who has recently been happy, then suddenly desecrated by rape and left to die alone on the street, and after that she suddenly woke up a vampire. Rosalie was told that she had envied her friend who was then happily married, and they loved each other a lot. An they also had beautiful baby boy with dark curly hair,  and Rosalie envied her friend happiness and her family. Rosalie was told that after that she has noticed that she herself has lived in loveless relationship.

All this seemed to affect her a lot, and even after she find Emmett and Rosalie became a lot happier, she still could not forget the injustice that she experienced, and the fact that she did not get the opportunity to choose her own destiny. She still miss her human life, and how humans move forward in their life, but she and Emmett will always remain in place. Rosalie doesn't hate Bella, but she envious her and that Bella has the opportunity to choose.

In the final book (Breaking Dawn) Rosalie becomes guardian of Bella's unborn child, and she has revealed new aspects of herself, we can see how she becomes almost motherly when she hear that Bella gets a child. Bella calls and ask Rosalie's help to protect her child because she knows that Rosalie understands what it means to want a child so much as Bella wants to keep her child. Between reading Breaking Dawn I could not say what were the real motives of Rosalie, would she had really done anything to save the child's life, would she really sacrificed Bella or doesn't Rosalie really don't care Edward's feelings. On the other hand I know that Rosalie loves Edward much, because in the New Moon when Edward and Bella hold the vote at the Cullen's house after Bella has traveled to Italy to save Edward's life, Rosalie thank Bella for that she had the courage to go to save his brother's life when she did not have the courage. New Moon tells that Rosalie was the one who finally told Edward the news of Bella's death. She feels terrible guilt about that she nearly caused the death of her brother.

I think that Rosalie loved Renesmee like as Bella loved Renesmee with all her heart, even before Renesmee was born, and even Renesmee hurt her badly as she grow fast. Rosalie loved Bella's child as anyone mother for her child, or a mother who wants to save her child's life, although at the expense of her own life, as crazy as it maybe sounds like. I think I understand Rosalie better, although I didn't always liked some of her influences or her behavior toward others. Although Rosalie is perhaps a bit selfish sometimes, Rosalie however loves her family and defend them until the last.

This is perhaps a little confused thought about Rosalie's character, but hopefully you guys will understad what I'm saying. :)

Yes, Rosalie is selfish and self-centered but that makes her character sooo amazing! I think in time Rosalie will tend to like Bella and the years after her changing goes by. Bella wants the baby. Everyone else advises the alternative but Bella KNEW Rosalie would stand by her choice. In real life, theres always that type of sister-in-law attitude towards her brothers girlfriend/wife.
I dont like the character Rosalie (love the actress tht plays her). When i read the first 2 books I thought her treatment of Bella was just awful. When i got to the third book and she told her story to Bella, I admit i did feel bad for her. No woman should every have to go through the agony of being raped, not just by one person, but a whole gang of them. And while i did feel bad for her, that still does not give her the right to treat everyone else like crap, especially Bella. She did live in the past. She has had plenty of time to deal with what happened to her and slowly move on, but she didnt do tht. Ok, so Bella wanted to become a vampire. Thats her choice. Although Rosalie didnt agree with that decision, she still should have respected it instead of being so mean to her. When i read the last book and in part 1, after Edward had just got the baby out of Bella, Rosalie really showed just how much she cared about Bella. All she wanted was the baby. She didnt ask Edward if Bella was ok, was she gonna make it, nothing. All she wanted Edward to do was to give her the baby so she could take care of her. She took the baby downstairs and fed her and did not have even one thought of Bella. That really pissed me off. The only person she could think about was herself. She didnt care about Edwards feelings if Bella would have died. She got what she wanted, to hell with whatever else happened. Im glad Bella lived and was able to take care of her own child. If Rosalie wanted a child so bad, all she had to go and do was adopt one. You dont have to give birth to a child to be a mother. But i guess she never thought about that since she was too stuck in the past to even try to see that she had other options.
I think you hit the nail right on the head Sarah, you could not of said it better. I feel just the same as you and im looking forward to Breaking Dawn and see her get a bigger role, Stephanie

omg  ..black twilight...u thought exactly like me of rosalie's character...every word u said like mine...she is selfish -cold feeling person ..thinking about her past , wht she lost ..never tried to move on..to look about wht she has now ( emmett)...like i said before everytime i read breaking dawn , i hope i can choking her with my hands but the most thing that makes me happy is that bella survived and she can take care about her daughter...

Black Twilight said:
I dont like the character Rosalie (love the actress tht plays her). When i read the first 2 books I thought her treatment of Bella was just awful. When i got to the third book and she told her story to Bella, I admit i did feel bad for her. No woman should every have to go through the agony of being raped, not just by one person, but a whole gang of them. And while i did feel bad for her, that still does not give her the right to treat everyone else like crap, especially Bella. She did live in the past. She has had plenty of time to deal with what happened to her and slowly move on, but she didnt do tht. Ok, so Bella wanted to become a vampire. Thats her choice. Although Rosalie didnt agree with that decision, she still should have respected it instead of being so mean to her. When i read the last book and in part 1, after Edward had just got the baby out of Bella, Rosalie really showed just how much she cared about Bella. All she wanted was the baby. She didnt ask Edward if Bella was ok, was she gonna make it, nothing. All she wanted Edward to do was to give her the baby so she could take care of her. She took the baby downstairs and fed her and did not have even one thought of Bella. That really pissed me off. The only person she could think about was herself. She didnt care about Edwards feelings if Bella would have died. She got what she wanted, to hell with whatever else happened. Im glad Bella lived and was able to take care of her own child. If Rosalie wanted a child so bad, all she had to go and do was adopt one. You dont have to give birth to a child to be a mother. But i guess she never thought about that since she was too stuck in the past to even try to see that she had other options.
:D

Stephanie Howard said:
I think you hit the nail right on the head Sarah, you could not of said it better. I feel just the same as you and im looking forward to Breaking Dawn and see her get a bigger role, Stephanie

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...