Ok so we've all seen them on the shelves next to the Twilight Saga because vampire romance is the "cool thing" at the moment. My friends who like Twilight said that they would never read those books because they are milking the success of Twilight. I suppose that it what the bookstores are doing but I am reading A House of Night Novel Series at the moment by PC Kast and I think they are good books but would you read those "other" vampire books?
Please let me know :-)

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Vampire Diaries books are good show is even better damon is sexy and dangerous.
My parents keep on buying me books about vampires but I'm not contented. I still keep on reading Twilight Saga books. :D
I agree. I like Twilight mainly because of the love story. I also haven't looked the other Vampire books and such out there...just doesn't hold any interest for me I guess. I think because, I like this "new" vampire (Stephenie's version) better than the old blood-sucking-demon traditional type.

Emz said:
I had my vampire craze when I was like 15, 7 years ago...that was with the Vampire Chronicles and such... But with Twilight, it's not even really a VAMPIRE series for me, it's a romance, it's a love story, and the vampire part is just a cool twist to it all. So I'm not attracted to these other vampire books because they're making the craze into a VAMPIRE craze, which is not what I'm experiencing lol... Same reason I don't care to check out the other vampire shows and movies flooding the market now. I love all the Twilight characters, and the plot line... that won't be in the other books so I'm not feeling any drive to read them, that's all. I'm sure there are plenty of good reads out there.

Ps. I read one book back when I was younger called Silver Kiss, recently saw it placed with the Twilight series and remembered it, don't remember the story much though, but it was a good lil read :)
Never read other vampire books cuz the werewolves in the other books aren't as hot as the twilight ones.
I hate them!!! They're SO different than the Twilight books it drives me nuts!!!!!
I've read a lot of vampire books but twilight all the way!!!!!

Lana said:
I agree. I like Twilight mainly because of the love story. I also haven't looked the other Vampire books and such out there...just doesn't hold any interest for me I guess. I think because, I like this "new" vampire (Stephenie's version) better than the old blood-sucking-demon traditional type.

Emz said:
I had my vampire craze when I was like 15, 7 years ago...that was with the Vampire Chronicles and such... But with Twilight, it's not even really a VAMPIRE series for me, it's a romance, it's a love story, and the vampire part is just a cool twist to it all. So I'm not attracted to these other vampire books because they're making the craze into a VAMPIRE craze, which is not what I'm experiencing lol... Same reason I don't care to check out the other vampire shows and movies flooding the market now. I love all the Twilight characters, and the plot line... that won't be in the other books so I'm not feeling any drive to read them, that's all. I'm sure there are plenty of good reads out there.

Ps. I read one book back when I was younger called Silver Kiss, recently saw it placed with the Twilight series and remembered it, don't remember the story much though, but it was a good lil read :)
I love the house of night novels they show something diffrent about vampires an everyone has opinions don't they??
Another good vampire book is VAMPIRE KISSES  it is so good it is
Made by ellen schrieber
Twilight is by far my favorite stories if all time. I have read many books in my life but nothin has captivated ms like Twilight. I love reading romance novels and I got the first two books of vampire diaries but can't get into them. Twilight is the only books for me!! I love all the characters!
Twilight is by far my favorite stories if all time. I have read many books in my life but nothin has captivated ms like Twilight. I love reading romance novels and I got the first two books of vampire diaries but can't get into them. Twilight is the only books for me!! I love all the characters!
I am a fan of Twilight (in secret), but before I was a Twilight fan I was a fan of vampires in general. So I'd read other "vampire romance" novels. Though I'd do so if I had the money to buy them. Haha. I'm a sucker for romance in general and for vampires, so mixing the two together is just irresistible to me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

Watch us while we sleep...

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...