Hi fellow Twilight fans! My name is Samantha, and I'm new here. I'm an undergrad at USF, and I'm currently working on my honors thesis which is on media fandoms (e.g., Twilight)! :)

If you all could help me with my thesis, I'd really appreciate it...

What does it really mean to be a fan? We want to know what you think!

Please complete this short survey and help to construct a new psychometric measure that will assess fan identity specifically as it relates to media fandom. Thank you!

Link: https://usfpsych.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0OLKYHBOiSZwJUw

*This research study is being conducted by researchers at the University of South Florida.

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi im dani and to be a twifan means to be a believer in the writings of the "Goddess" aka stephenie meyer and it means to certain extents depending on the person the devotion to twilight or in other words 'how far will you go for the sake of twilight' and to me that is to the ends of the earth so sure i will take ur survey and i will answer your questions for the sake of twilight

Thanks for taking the survey, Dani! I know what you mean. I have that same passion. The survey is a means to try to quantify "what it means to be a fan". I hope that it gets at some of the central ideas of fandom, but there are some things that are hard to put into words. :)

I still need about 25 more responses for the survey. So, if anyone has some spare time and would like to lend me a hand, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

~Samantha

Thanks again to everyone who has completed the survey! I still need more people to complete it. I really appreciate you all's support. :)

Thanks in advance for helping me out!

~Samantha

Thank you to everyone who helped me out! The survey has now been closed, and, thanks to you all, Part 2 of my thesis is finally complete! :) If you have any questions about the study, feel free to post here, send me a message, or send me an e-mail. Thanks again for your help!

~Samantha

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...