I'm Team Jacob. I have been since chapter 3 of New Moon. After Edward left Bella, I just kind of lost all respect for him, and never gained it back. I was just wondering what some of you Team Edwards were thinking when Edward left?  What did you think about Jake and Bella's friendship? Just wanted to hear some other opinions on the subject... (I'd love to hear some feedback from other Team Jacobs as well.)

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When i was reading New Moon i was just wondering when Edward was gonna coming back in to it. I wasn't really pay much attention the relationship between Bella and Jacob, i always thought when reading the book that she will end up with Edward. Edward has been my favourite character since he was mentioned in Twilight so no surprise to my answer really. :) I some how can't picture Bella with Jacob.
veggievamp, I understand what you're saying, but Edward always, always considered Bella in everything he did. He was selfless, and after Jasper tried to attack her at the birthday party he was devastated, because not only did he have to protect her from the bad vamps he had to protect her from his own family. Remember at the party in New Moon, per the book, Edward immediately crouched in a defensive position to protect Bella from his family, this is the part I wish they had not left out of the movie. He exists to love, protect and to cherish Bella which would mean giving her up to keep her safe and that if you remember was killing him. Also, Bella went to save him from himself, he wanted to die when he thought she was dead, so she was willing to die to save him. Now that's love, and Jacob didn't have a chance. Jacob reminds me of a typical young boy who doesn't take no for an answer, so he kept hounding Bella throughout, he to me was a none issue because Bella had already made up her mind in Twilight that she irrevocably loved Edward. Jacob is cute and has a nice body but Bella and Edward's love goes beyond physical appearances, if that wasn't the case Edward would have found a girl prettier than Bella at his high school. Their kind of love was beyond Jacobs comprehension and he couldn't begin to compete with that, he constantly stayed angry and irrogant about him being better for her. How could he be better when he hasn't imprinted on her, and as soon as he does then Bella would be history, so that makes him quite selfish.
I guess that's a very good point. But I lost respect for Edward when he left Bella. When i was reading New Moon, I cried when Edward left but once Bella became close to Jacob, I didnt want Edward back. Once you found out about Jacob being a shapeshifter you knew at some point he would have to come back. When i was reading about Bella's depression, I hated Edward with a burining passion, He hurt her in everyway possible and if i were her, I couldn't of forgave him easily once he returned.

Susan Pratt said:
veggievamp, I understand what you're saying, but Edward always, always considered Bella in everything he did. He was selfless, and after Jasper tried to attack her at the birthday party he was devastated, because not only did he have to protect her from the bad vamps he had to protect her from his own family. Remember at the party in New Moon, per the book, Edward immediately crouched in a defensive position to protect Bella from his family, this is the part I wish they had not left out of the movie. He exists to love, protect and to cherish Bella which would mean giving her up to keep her safe and that if you remember was killing him. Also, Bella went to save him from himself, he wanted to die when he thought she was dead, so she was willing to die to save him. Now that's love, and Jacob didn't have a chance. Jacob reminds me of a typical young boy who doesn't take no for an answer, so he kept hounding Bella throughout, he to me was a none issue because Bella had already made up her mind in Twilight that she irrevocably loved Edward. Jacob is cute and has a nice body but Bella and Edward's love goes beyond physical appearances, if that wasn't the case Edward would have found a girl prettier than Bella at his high school. Their kind of love was beyond Jacobs comprehension and he couldn't begin to compete with that, he constantly stayed angry and irrogant about him being better for her. How could he be better when he hasn't imprinted on her, and as soon as he does then Bella would be history, so that makes him quite selfish.
You said it SO WELL, I have nothing to add. Bella belongs with Edward, as you said, was born FOR Edward. He was only trying to protect her, and leaving was the only way he knew how to do that.


Susan Pratt said:
veggievamp, I understand what you're saying, but Edward always, always considered Bella in everything he did. He was selfless, and after Jasper tried to attack her at the birthday party he was devastated, because not only did he have to protect her from the bad vamps he had to protect her from his own family. Remember at the party in New Moon, per the book, Edward immediately crouched in a defensive position to protect Bella from his family, this is the part I wish they had not left out of the movie. He exists to love, protect and to cherish Bella which would mean giving her up to keep her safe and that if you remember was killing him. Also, Bella went to save him from himself, he wanted to die when he thought she was dead, so she was willing to die to save him. Now that's love, and Jacob didn't have a chance. Jacob reminds me of a typical young boy who doesn't take no for an answer, so he kept hounding Bella throughout, he to me was a none issue because Bella had already made up her mind in Twilight that she irrevocably loved Edward. Jacob is cute and has a nice body but Bella and Edward's love goes beyond physical appearances, if that wasn't the case Edward would have found a girl prettier than Bella at his high school. Their kind of love was beyond Jacobs comprehension and he couldn't begin to compete with that, he constantly stayed angry and irrogant about him being better for her. How could he be better when he hasn't imprinted on her, and as soon as he does then Bella would be history, so that makes him quite selfish.
I'm team both really. More team Edward, but considering I'm a 34 year old woman obsessing about fictional characters, heck, I'll take both. ;)

I think in his way Edward was trying to do the right thing. He believed that staying could cause her harm, or even death. And he's not perfect. He made a mistake, as we all do in relationships. That's my take on it anyway.

What was I thinking? Well when I read the book I was mad he was gone. Just wanted to get to him coming back. Watching the movie it was something like this....."Edward come back!!! Wait, there's Jacob. Hello gorgeous. Yes, your so right, it's hot, take that shirt off. Yay, Edward's back".
Oh, and I love your name. veggievamp, cute. :)
I know I will probably catch some flack for this. LOL. Anyways, I am team Edward. However, I do not dis-like Jacob in any way. I understand why Edward left and I don't fault him for it. I would have done the same if it was me. As much as I love my fiance, if I thought that being with me was harming him in any way then I would leave for his good. Though I did not understand why he wouldn't turn her. I understood his reasoning for it, but that only went so far as I was thinking; she wants it. She fully understands what she is giving up and all so just do it already. If he was the only one that wanted it then I could understand. Still on the flip side I was glad that Bella had Jacob to lean on. I don't feel that Bella lead Jacob on in any way. She told him from the start that she loved Edward and that she wouldn't be able to love Jacob the way he deserved. He knew what he was getting himself into from the get go. He was a wonderful friend and support for Bella in her time of need. However, what I was thinking while reading it was this: (and here is where I might catch the flack) I hope that Jacob can get through to Bella enough that she would choose him over Edward as I have a bit of a crush on Edward and with Bella out of the way then I could have Edward all to myself in a way. LOL. Please don't let that statement fool you though. I fully know that Edward is a fictional character and is not real in any way. I just don't feel free to fantasize about a character when they belong to another character.



Jennifer.
Yeah, I'm totally agree with you. I think Edward is always wants to do something good for Bella and in New Moon he simply acted based on what he believed good for Bella, without considering much of the effect on Bella. Jacob is perfect for Bella, if only she never met Edward before. Edward and Bella for me simply a match made in heaven while Bella and Jacob simply a perfect companion.

Throughout New Moon I keep waiting for Edward to come. I wasn't so sure that he will be back, but I am sure that Bella would never fall in love with Jacob the way she fall in love with Edward. I was so relieved when Alice finally come, cause that's just right. I think if the Cullen never came back, Bella too will never going to be the same, even if she finally decided to be with Jacob.

JENNIFER N. said:
I'm team both really. More team Edward, but considering I'm a 34 year old woman obsessing about fictional characters, heck, I'll take both. ;)

I think in his way Edward was trying to do the right thing. He believed that staying could cause her harm, or even death. And he's not perfect. He made a mistake, as we all do in relationships. That's my take on it anyway.

What was I thinking? Well when I read the book I was mad he was gone. Just wanted to get to him coming back. Watching the movie it was something like this....."Edward come back!!! Wait, there's Jacob. Hello gorgeous. Yes, your so right, it's hot, take that shirt off. Yay, Edward's back".
Personally, I am torn between Edward and Jacob. I felt the pain when he told her he was leaving and never coming back, it was gut wrenching torture, but it was neccessary. He had to lie to her; she would not otherwise stay. It trully sucked though. As bad as it made them both feel, he trully thought that by giving her up, he was protecting her from all vampires.

As far as Bella's friendship with Jacob, I feel that she wants to be his best friend, but sexual emotions keep crawling to her loins and she, sometimes, feels torn between the two. You can love a friend, just not sexually, otherwise it's the 'other' love; the in-love love, or just lust. She has always loved Edward - more than Jacob.
I feel your agony! I too am in my mid-30's, and would eat them both up! GRR...Jacob is jail-bait - DAMN IT!!! But I will take Edward and Emmit any day!!

Nita said:
Yeah, I'm totally agree with you. I think Edward is always wants to do something good for Bella and in New Moon he simply acted based on what he believed good for Bella, without considering much of the effect on Bella. Jacob is perfect for Bella, if only she never met Edward before. Edward and Bella for me simply a match made in heaven while Bella and Jacob simply a perfect companion.

Throughout New Moon I keep waiting for Edward to come. I wasn't so sure that he will be back, but I am sure that Bella would never fall in love with Jacob the way she fall in love with Edward. I was so relieved when Alice finally come, cause that's just right. I think if the Cullen never came back, Bella too will never going to be the same, even if she finally decided to be with Jacob.

JENNIFER N. said:
I'm team both really. More team Edward, but considering I'm a 34 year old woman obsessing about fictional characters, heck, I'll take both. ;)

I think in his way Edward was trying to do the right thing. He believed that staying could cause her harm, or even death. And he's not perfect. He made a mistake, as we all do in relationships. That's my take on it anyway.

What was I thinking? Well when I read the book I was mad he was gone. Just wanted to get to him coming back. Watching the movie it was something like this....."Edward come back!!! Wait, there's Jacob. Hello gorgeous. Yes, your so right, it's hot, take that shirt off. Yay, Edward's back".
I actually I was thinking that he had stayed nearby watching, waiting for something at first. I couldn't figure out what it was that he was waiting for. Then I realized he was really gone. I was like pfft, this isn't going to last long. Honestly, I didn't believe he could pull off leaving her any more than she could him. It was one of those he tried so hard to stay away from her when they first go together and THAT didn't work out, so I was just waiting for him to get back. Jacob is a great friend and Taylor Lautner is seriously hot , but the undying, deep-seated , devotion and love just didn't come thru for me. It was lust for her and that's the end of that.
Yes, Edward really DID try hard to stay away from Bella in the beginning, as we all know from reading Midnight Sun. I sincerely hope that eventually Stephenie will not only finish MS but will write New Moon from Edward's POV and then ALL of our questions about what he was feeling will be answered.

Michelle Jackson said:
I actually I was thinking that he had stayed nearby watching, waiting for something at first. I couldn't figure out what it was that he was waiting for. Then I realized he was really gone. I was like pfft, this isn't going to last long. Honestly, I didn't believe he could pull off leaving her any more than she could him. It was one of those he tried so hard to stay away from her when they first go together and THAT didn't work out, so I was just waiting for him to get back. Jacob is a great friend and Taylor Lautner is seriously hot , but the undying, deep-seated , devotion and love just didn't come thru for me. It was lust for her and that's the end of that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

Watch us while we sleep...

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...