It's like they don't care to look past the faults in what they like, but when it comes down to Twilight, every issue and ordeal must be analyzed so much that the people who like it can't even take joy in it anymore.

First you got the people who are fans of the "original" vampire stories, who can't see beyond what they think fictional stories should be and criticize the fans to a point where it's vulgar and obsessive hating. The others are the attacks from other fandoms that have nothing at all to do with Twilight, but feel it is needed to add in some kind of "twilight can suck it compared 2 this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1" and other creepy hate phrases. Like, hello? Don't like it, don't frickin' mention or bring it up!

Then there are the gore/action whores - who are firm believers that in order to be a great movie it must have buckets of fake blood and a heap of action to be a hit. Then they are the haters from other vampire trends today, such as True Blood and The Vampire Diaries. You don't need an example for this one, just go to a YouTube video about one or the other and I'll bet there's something about Twilight on there taking up comment space. Last, but so not the least, there are over-analyzers. The people who even go to such distances they pick at each character's moral values and ways of thinking - not to mention finding hidden meanings in the most stupidest things. Many examples are:

Bella and Edward's "abusive" relationship, Jacob imprinting on Renesmee, the writing, the author's religious views, the fans, the foolish and immature idea that the author is brainwashing people into being Mormons (Yes, I have come across those, believe it or not.) Con. -

Core values of characters, "secret" messages, fictional characters being role models (WTF?! Why are people looking to fictional characters for role models in the first place? Where the hell are their real-life role models/heroes?), Mary Sue/Gary Stu.

I hate the whole Mary/Gary thing. No character can be perfect, okay? And, yes, the hero or heroine are supposed to save the day - it would be totally strange to see the enemy or the random guy at the store save the day, wouldn't it? People say Bella isn't feminist, or basically Pro-Woman. So? In life not everyone is going to be like that, and just because Bella is deeply in love and has a burning passion for her boyfriend doesn't make her anti-women. You also have the ones who are so stupid that it isn't worth your eyes seeing. Like bashing fans' IQ/intelligence over what they read or watch. Wow. How does that reflect on them - judging how smart people are over what they like? They can't be too brillant themselves, if you ask me.

This wasn't supposed to be a rant, and I'm sorry if that's what the outcome of this was.

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First if all, try to ignore the haters of course in every fandom there are bound to be haters or ones that like to criticize everything in or about the fandom itself. Sometimes, it's a jealousy issue like some will say that Harry Potter is better but never thought that this saga could be as big as it, but yet it has and some will say it sucks just because they can't accept what is and figure out that Mr. Potter has some competiton! LOL. Yes, And sadly there are the ones that are dead set on the traditonal type vampires that they cant have an imagination past that. And for the "hidden messages" .... They are fictional! I really done see why this needs to be addresed considering that the entire saga is FICTIONAL! 
I hate all the haters most of them had never even seen or read it. They can't judge it if they haven't even seen or read them just like my so called "friend" hates it but has never read it or seen any of the movies. I love twilight!!!
i loved it soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

Exactly. I don't understand why in a fictional story things are taken so seriously. I mean, c'mon. It's about vampires and shapeshifters - how could anyone pick out details out of that? They either look at it too shallowly or too deeply. Like when people say Bella jumps off the cliff to kill herself - she doesn't do that. If they bothered enough to get their facts straight they'd see why she jumped off.

Some people get all upset because a character isn't acting like a role model or examine everything in it. Literally. Why have a character for a role model when you could have one - a real one - in reality?

Amanda (Lady Starlight) said:

First if all, try to ignore the haters of course in every fandom there are bound to be haters or ones that like to criticize everything in or about the fandom itself. Sometimes, it's a jealousy issue like some will say that Harry Potter is better but never thought that this saga could be as big as it, but yet it has and some will say it sucks just because they can't accept what is and figure out that Mr. Potter has some competiton! LOL. Yes, And sadly there are the ones that are dead set on the traditonal type vampires that they cant have an imagination past that. And for the "hidden messages" .... They are fictional! I really done see why this needs to be addresed considering that the entire saga is FICTIONAL! 
ome i carnt beleve that
U r so right!! I have this "friend" who hates Twilight because she doesn't understand Bella's "attitude" in Twilight, but loves the freaking Vampire Diaries show!!! I mean come on, Damian is hot and other stuff.. And I don't wanna sound rude to anyone who likes this show but, I find it to be the same stupid thing as Twilight!!! Only Twilight I find it way better..
Anyways, I just ignore all the haters, but sometimes u just gotta say, "IT'S FICTION PEOPLE!!!! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE COME ON!!!! SO WHAT IF THE CHARACTERS HAVE FLAWS EVEN IN BOOKS PEOPLE CAN HAVE FLAWS!!!!"
I think that if u hate Twilight, don't TALK ABOUT IT AT ALL!!! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...