Will Kristen Stewart's negative attitude HURT the Twilight Saga?

We all love Twilight for different reasons. One of the major reasons I love Twilight is due to the chemistry between Bella and Edward (not to mention Kristen and Rob offscreen). I have spent lots of time watching old interviews on youtube ... I even watched the MTV movie awards to see them clean up! But I have noticed a subtle, then overt switch in Kristen's attitude towards Rob and Twilight. I understand her oversion to being asked personal questions about her relationship with Rob, but she doesn't appear comfortable discussing Twilight in general anymore. The sucess of this movie franchise is propelled by fan support. I am concerned that her lack of professionalism will have a negative impact on subsequent movies. Do I need to be worried??? What do you think?

Tags: Kristen, Rob, Twilight, fans, lack of professionalism, negative attitude

Views: 309

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Cassie, I don't agree with you said, either. But I don't make personal attacks on you, and make assumptions about who I am and how I act, because I realize that the pixels I see on my monitor are not YOU. Because I will never meet you in real life or get to know you as a friend, I couldn't possibly make judgments on you personally.

I stand by my opinion. I think KS has a right to decide how much she wants to reveal of herself, and how much she wants to interact with the fans. I note that she has been less available since she's been filming NM. Part of that probably has to do with the pscho-stalkers, and part of it probably has to do with the experience of the film, which does not appear to be a good one.

Throughout movie history, the female actors who were the most reclusive were the ones who the fans were the most wild about, and this fascination lasted throughout their lives. Marlena Dietrich was one, Isabella Rosselini another.

I think that NM will not do nearly as well as Twilight did, but not because of KS...because of Chris Weitz and how he has totally screwed up Stephanie Meyers' beautiful story.

CassieP~ said:
morgaine... i don't agree with ANYTHING you said. i think you are naive and defensive and obviously you also have a bad attitude. it's obvious and undeniable the way kstew acts and ignoring that is just ignorant. no she may not hate twilight but it makes me sad that some of the more crazy fans have made this a negative experience for some of the actors who's lives have been negatively influenced or altered such as rob and kristen. rob more than anyone but still. i do agree that she needs to lighten up just a little bit. and i understand that she is who she is and i don't have a problem with that. but i don't think she even realizes the way she acts cause no one tells her. i don't think she is very accepting of the fame. rob isn't either but he's starting to deal with it a little better. it seems to me like taylor is lovin every minute of it but that's also cause he is a different person and has a different personality. he's also a lot younger and has a more care free innocent outlook on life. but anywho.... to answer the question at hand, yes i actually do think it will affect the popularity of the films because she kinda drains the "high" people and fans get when discussing anything twilight. and that is negatively influencing fans and the way the film and cast is perceived. whether she means to or not. yes i do think it will negatively impact the subsequent movies. and that's my oppinion. take it as you will. the end.
Tatiana, of course everyone has the right to voice their own opinions, and that includes me, too.

And if you want to look at "defensive," look in the mirror. I simply made the observation that KS is doing very, very well, and has several movies lined up. Obviously, her attitude has not impacted her value as an actor.

Twilightlover Tatiana ☆★ said:
One thing you need to get straight is that everyone here are entitled of their own damn opinions,wich means they can say whatever the hell they want & Surely there's no need for you to be so defensive about something that has nothing to do with you :) LOL

Morgaine Chya said:
"...No,I don't think her bad attitude will hurt the Twilight saga because in the end it will only hurt her herself."

Yeah, her attitude has REALLY been hurting her, hasn't it? LOL. She has movies lined up for 4 years, and if that is "hurting herself," then I bet many young actors would LOVE to be hurting themselves that way.
I've seen interviews, read a few interviews, and I bet I've seen every story about her in the major trash magazines because I read them at the gym, and they take all of the ones I see in the magazine racks at the grocery store.

I don't see "professional" as performing like a pet monkey on a leash. She has the right to decide for herself how much she wants to reveal of herself and how much she wants to interact with fans. I see her as highly professional, and others do, as well, both her peers and movie peeps who work with her.

She has been put in some harrowing situations by fans who objectify and dehumanize her, believing she has no right to draw personal boundaries, has no right to decide where and when she wants to interact with fans, and who see her as some kind of a possession of theirs just becasue she is acting in a popular film series.

I would recommend that you back off from calling me names just because you don't agree with me. I've chosen to not return fire in kind, but if I start on you, you will learn that if you reach out to smack me you will draw back a bloody stump.

Sasha Cullen said:
Morgaine please enlighten me,in what way do you NOT see Kristen attitude as "horrible" or bad",I mean have you not seen ANY of the interviews shes done talking about Twilight? Have you NOT seen when she speaks about her fans?
Have you NOT seen the way she acts when she's put in the spotlight? Have you STILL NOT seen how unprofessional she is?
Uh-please stop with the damn excuses,Kristen Stewart HAS a BAD attitude & if you still are not seeing it then PLEASE continue on being a stubborn naive idiot,I'm sure that will work out just lovely for you.
LMAO I'm sorry but the part about when you're talking abot her "mystique" is so unbelievably amusing to me ;)
She's NINETEEN,tell me,what kind of "mystique" would a nineteen year old girl possess?
I agree with everything that Cassie said,her BAD attitude will hurt the Twilight saga & Yeah,her attitude will probably just hurt her herself because no one will want to work with someone that has a bad attitude towards something that they should be appreciating & enjoying and the way she treats her fans...well lets just say that It will only hurt her image & the way she portrays herself.Good luck with that Kristen! -.-

Morgaine Chya said:
Why do you see her attitude as "horrible"? Because she won't jump when the studio and the Twilight "fans" want her to?

KS seems to be a naturally introverted person, especially with strangers. This is who she is, and it is part of her mystique. Signing up to play Bella does not mean she has to perform 24/7. And she may well not want to talk about NM or Summit or the director because she may have bad feelings about them that she cannot, under her contract, say. She doesn't seem to be the kind of person who can just b******* and say good things about a person or situation she is unhappy with.

Both KS and RP are odd, quirky people. Both are very private individuals. I see their relationship as a very constructive, and with the likelihood of it lasting for a lifetime.

If the "real fans (especially those of RPatz) are only going to overlook this for so long," I say they should all go pound sand. KS didn't sign up to be anyone's love slave, and to actually criticize her for not falling all over RP every time he looks at her is really crossing the line.

jhstpa said:
I agree with what you are seeing from K-Stew; I have seen it too. Her attitude is horrible! Her agents/representatives may want to get her in line, in that real fans (especially those of R-Patz) are only going to overlook this for so long. She is so rude to him; at first it was funny seemed like a joke, but c'mon, the joke is over. Now, she's the one who looks like a joke. Maybe she should take some clues from how Taylor presents himself; and I'm not talking about her cleanliness (that's a whole other issue).
I have read through this and I am confused at some of the comments regarding KStew not having tbe a puppet and not having to reveal her personal self....

When actors sign on for a job, is it not part of their job to ACT like they enjoy the film? I personally don't care if KStew reveals anything of her "true self" to the public, as I believe all actors deserve their right to privacy. That being said, when they are in interviews, there is a certain amount of professionalism that should be brought forth. None of which has to do with falling all over RPatz or talking about her personal life (frankly I'm glad she doesn't do that). I totally respect that she is private and wishes to remain that way--It would be terrible to see her go down in flames like some other young celebrities have.

That being said....

I would say the phrase "puppet" is strong, but in a sense, that is what all actors are in a way, when they are to be promoting a film. Once they are mega stars, they can say and do what they want and nothing can hurt them (can we say Tom Cruise), but as much as I LOVE this series and the actors, none of them is there yet; especially a 19 year old child who has yet to really define herself as an actor. She should at least start to ACT like she is appreciative of the gift she has been given and not put out that it is all a chore; regardless of how she may really feel. She can hate on things on her own time. She gets paid a butt load of money to ACT.
i totally agree with you "ihstpa". and morgaine, i could give a s*** less about you or being your friend. but i also have a right to express my opinion, and my opinion is that you are an f*ing retard. there are SO MANY female actresses out there who choose to expose NOTHING of their personal selves and yet still manage to present themselves, their film, or their agency with the upmost proffessionalism and poise. being reserved is far from being the same thing as being negative. and kristen stewart is both. i respect kstew as an actress, i just think she needs to show a little more pride in her work. this is one of the greatest love stories ever to be told, and she has been presented with the oppurtunity to portray that beauty on screen and bring this story to life. which she has done an AMAZING job of so far. so why does she seem so damn depressed about the fact that she's involved with this franchise? it's completely normal for a 19 yr old to go through phases because that's just life. and yeah i'm sure she wants to mature as an actress and take on other roles. she may think that all the attention from "teen fans" will negatively impact her image in the future, but i think that she forgets the fact that there is an enormous amount of normal, more mature fans that also respect her as an actress and i think she forgets that she is also still a teenager and that she needs to have a little bit more respect for the people that are making it possible for her to live out her dream and do this for a living. cause, honestly, if no one liked her, she would never succeed as an actress and would have to go back to being "normal" like all the rest of us. so she needs to appreciate her fans and show them the kind of love that taylor and ashley do. those two, to me, have really got it down what it means to be proffessional and respectful and grateful for what you have and the people that have made it possible. and once again i will say that i really like chris weitz and am grateful for him as well. so in closing..... no one is hating on kstew. just giving her alittle heads up to clean it up a little bit. she needs to take the proffessionalism she shows on-set and show it off-set at twilight sponsored events as well. and maybe tip her hat a little to her millions of fans and maybe just a smile or two. at least. that's not a lot to ask. anyways.... i'm done now.
I've noticed KS being more reluctant to talk about the movie since they started filming NM. It may be that her experience in NM is not very good and, instead of lying to her fans by saying "Jeepers, it's GREAT!," she is just saying very little.

My expectation of what actors "should" do when they sign up to do a film is that they should do the best job they can acting in the film, to act professionally on the set so that the movie suffers, and to avoid being arrested or otherwise causing a scandal that will negatively impact a film.

I don't expect them to lie to me or other fans by j****** up a movie with praise if they don't feel the movie is good. In fact, I would be disappointed in an actor who lied about how great the film is when they actually didnt' feel that way.

Everybody has different expectations, I guess. Mine are different. Ain't diversity grand?

jhstpa said:
I have read through this and I am confused at some of the comments regarding KStew not having tbe a puppet and not having to reveal her personal self....

When actors sign on for a job, is it not part of their job to ACT like they enjoy the film? I personally don't care if KStew reveals anything of her "true self" to the public, as I believe all actors deserve their right to privacy. That being said, when they are in interviews, there is a certain amount of professionalism that should be brought forth. None of which has to do with falling all over RPatz or talking about her personal life (frankly I'm glad she doesn't do that). I totally respect that she is private and wishes to remain that way--It would be terrible to see her go down in flames like some other young celebrities have.

That being said....

I would say the phrase "puppet" is strong, but in a sense, that is what all actors are in a way, when they are to be promoting a film. Once they are mega stars, they can say and do what they want and nothing can hurt them (can we say Tom Cruise), but as much as I LOVE this series and the actors, none of them is there yet; especially a 19 year old child who has yet to really define herself as an actor. She should at least start to ACT like she is appreciative of the gift she has been given and not put out that it is all a chore; regardless of how she may really feel. She can hate on things on her own time. She gets paid a butt load of money to ACT.
1) Whoopee, you don't care about being my friend. Who ever said you did? And who cares if you do?

2) We are all entitled to our own opinions. The difference between me and you is that you cannot support your opinions with logical arguments, so must stoop to the tactic of a weak poster: personal attacks. Many boards ban people who personally attack other posters because it is disruptive and not warranted. Apaprently TwiFans doesn't.

3) As I've said before, KS seems to be reluctant to discuss NM, and she wasn't with Twilight. Something has changed, and my bet it's the filming experience and the direction of the film Weitz, the franchise destroyer, has taken the film. At any rate, I don't expect actors to lie to promote a film. In fact, I would think less of them if they did because it means that they would sell their personal integrity to make a movie.

It's not just KS who is not interested in saying much about the film. Besides TL, the core actors have been not exactly praiseful of NM. The meme they tend to stick with is "It was peaceful with Weitz directing." Compare that to what they said about Twilight and working with Hardwicke.

4) Regarding your calling me a f****** retard...how old are you? 12?

CassieP~ said:
i totally agree with you "ihstpa". and morgaine, i could give a s*** less about you or being your friend. but i also have a right to express my opinion, and my opinion is that you are an f*ing retard. there are SO MANY female actresses out there who choose to expose NOTHING of their personal selves and yet still manage to present themselves, their film, or their agency with the upmost proffessionalism and poise. being reserved is far from being the same thing as being negative. and kristen stewart is both. i respect kstew as an actress, i just think she needs to show a little more pride in her work. this is one of the greatest love stories ever to be told, and she has been presented with the oppurtunity to portray that beauty on screen and bring this story to life. which she has done an AMAZING job of so far. so why does she seem so damn depressed about the fact that she's involved with this franchise? it's completely normal for a 19 yr old to go through phases because that's just life. and yeah i'm sure she wants to mature as an actress and take on other roles. she may think that all the attention from "teen fans" will negatively impact her image in the future, but i think that she forgets the fact that there is an enormous amount of normal, more mature fans that also respect her as an actress and i think she forgets that she is also still a teenager and that she needs to have a little bit more respect for the people that are making it possible for her to live out her dream and do this for a living. cause, honestly, if no one liked her, she would never succeed as an actress and would have to go back to being "normal" like all the rest of us. so she needs to appreciate her fans and show them the kind of love that taylor and ashley do. those two, to me, have really got it down what it means to be proffessional and respectful and grateful for what you have and the people that have made it possible. and once again i will say that i really like chris weitz and am grateful for him as well. so in closing..... no one is hating on kstew. just giving her alittle heads up to clean it up a little bit. she needs to take the proffessionalism she shows on-set and show it off-set at twilight sponsored events as well. and maybe tip her hat a little to her millions of fans and maybe just a smile or two. at least. that's not a lot to ask. anyways.... i'm done now.
I have more respect for actors who are honest with their fans than those who would lie to promote a movie.

Edward Norton refused to do any interviews or public relations for the movie "Hulk" because he felt so strongly about the move being awful. I love to watch Norton's work, and would walk a mile in tight shoes to watch him act in about anything. So I went to see the movie, and I was so disappointed I did. Norton was absolutely correct about the movie, and in the future, if an actor I respect says a movie they made is bad, I will take their word on it.

If Norton would have done the interviews and praised the movie, the director, etc., I would have less respect for him now because the movie was obviously just one big special-effects masturbate-a-thon by the director.

Again, compare what not only KS, but the rest of the actors, except for TL, say about NM and the experience making it to what they said about Twilight and making it. I think it's the movie and the director that is driving their reluctance to praise NM and its director, and not some profound change in the actors.

jhstpa said:

That being said....

I apologize if you feel that I'm being defensive towards you because I'm not,I simply wanted to clarify that we all have the right to say whatever's on our mind without being judged by others in such a childish manner.

Morgaine Chya said:
Tatiana, of course everyone has the right to voice their own opinions, and that includes me, too.

And if you want to look at "defensive," look in the mirror. I simply made the observation that KS is doing very, very well, and has several movies lined up. Obviously, her attitude has not impacted her value as an actor.

One thing you need to get straight is that everyone here are entitled of their own damn opinions,wich means they can say whatever the hell they want & Surely there's no need for you to be so defensive about something that has nothing to do with you :) LOL

Morgaine Chya said:
"...No,I don't think her bad attitude will hurt the Twilight saga because in the end it will only hurt her herself."

Yeah, her attitude has REALLY been hurting her, hasn't it? LOL. She has movies lined up for 4 years, and if that is "hurting herself," then I bet many young actors would LOVE to be hurting themselves that way.
she really has bad attitude lately, but i don't think that will hurt the movie, I don't see chemestry between KS & PS outside the cameras anymore, who know's maybe they're still acting and they want people get tired about asking the same questions, or KS does'nt like PS at all. I saw an interview when PS asks KS to describe him with one word, she hesitate 'n she just said "good actor". in the last one she didn't even let PS to talk she was very rude
This is an odd situation here, one I've not encountered on this message board before. Others had posted their opinions before me and no one objected to their postings. I posted an opinion different than the ones that came before me, and all of a sudden I'm being personally insulted and accused of being "defensive."

I just watched a video of KS giving a very personal explanation for how she developed Bella, and how the differences between Twilight and NM (as far a Bella's character is concerned) were important.

Twilightlover Tatiana said:
I apologize if you feel that I'm being defensive towards you because I'm not,I simply wanted to clarify that we all have the right to say whatever's on our mind without being judged by others in such a childish manner.

Morgaine Chya said:

Morgaine Chya said:

Isn't the point, though, the chemistry on-camera? We can't expect the actors whose characters are in love in a movie to be in love in the real world, as well.

I guess we all see different things. I see two people who seem to have a very good working relationship, and who may turn out to be long-term close friends, kind of like how Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet have become after they filmed Titanic. They seem comfortable and familiar with each other off screen, and that's enough for me. Your mileage may vary.

Vero de Egan said:
she really has bad attitude lately, but i don't think that will hurt the movie, I don't see chemestry between KS & PS outside the cameras anymore, who know's maybe they're still acting and they want people get tired about asking the same questions, or KS does'nt like PS at all. I saw an interview when PS asks KS to describe him with one word, she hesitate 'n she just said "good actor". in the last one she didn't even let PS to talk she was very rude

RSS

Advertising

Watch us while we sleep...

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...