Will Kristen Stewart's negative attitude HURT the Twilight Saga?

We all love Twilight for different reasons. One of the major reasons I love Twilight is due to the chemistry between Bella and Edward (not to mention Kristen and Rob offscreen). I have spent lots of time watching old interviews on youtube ... I even watched the MTV movie awards to see them clean up! But I have noticed a subtle, then overt switch in Kristen's attitude towards Rob and Twilight. I understand her oversion to being asked personal questions about her relationship with Rob, but she doesn't appear comfortable discussing Twilight in general anymore. The sucess of this movie franchise is propelled by fan support. I am concerned that her lack of professionalism will have a negative impact on subsequent movies. Do I need to be worried??? What do you think?

Tags: Kristen, Rob, Twilight, fans, lack of professionalism, negative attitude

Views: 309

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Ok Morgaine, it seems your right in everything don´t you??? just let people to express their opinions you don't have to reply to everyone one of them!

Morgaine Chya said:
Isn't the point, though, the chemistry on-camera? We can't expect the actors whose characters are in love in a movie to be in love in the real world, as well.

I guess we all see different things. I see two people who seem to have a very good working relationship, and who may turn out to be long-term close friends, kind of like how Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet have become after they filmed Titanic. They seem comfortable and familiar with each other off screen, and that's enough for me. Your mileage may vary.

Vero de Egan said:
she really has bad attitude lately, but i don't think that will hurt the movie, I don't see chemestry between KS & PS outside the cameras anymore, who know's maybe they're still acting and they want people get tired about asking the same questions, or KS does'nt like PS at all. I saw an interview when PS asks KS to describe him with one word, she hesitate 'n she just said "good actor". in the last one she didn't even let PS to talk she was very rude
Jesus on a Trampoline! What is wrong with you?

This is how it works: You say your opinion. I say my opionion. You then say why you don't agree with my opinion. I then say why I don't agree with your opinions.

Both of us say our opinions. Neither one of us can be right because they are OPINIONS. At most they can be proven as logically sound and valid.



Vero de Egan said:
Ok Morgaine, it seems your right in everything don´t you??? just let people to express their opinions you don't have to reply to everyone one of them!

Morgaine Chya said:
Isn't the point, though, the chemistry on-camera? We can't expect the actors whose characters are in love in a movie to be in love in the real world, as well.

I guess we all see different things. I see two people who seem to have a very good working relationship, and who may turn out to be long-term close friends, kind of like how Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet have become after they filmed Titanic. They seem comfortable and familiar with each other off screen, and that's enough for me. Your mileage may vary.

Vero de Egan said:
she really has bad attitude lately, but i don't think that will hurt the movie, I don't see chemestry between KS & PS outside the cameras anymore, who know's maybe they're still acting and they want people get tired about asking the same questions, or KS does'nt like PS at all. I saw an interview when PS asks KS to describe him with one word, she hesitate 'n she just said "good actor". in the last one she didn't even let PS to talk she was very rude
What's really interesting is how the Twilight actors are handling Rachelle's dumpage by Summit.

Facinelli and Rathbone, in very carefully chosen words, said that they would both deeply miss working with Rachelle. Rathbone said, "While I can't talk about the business side of this..."

Doesn't that sound to you like a big hint that Summit has put muzzles on them?

But KS, RP and Taylor have refused to say anything publicly. I'm interpreting this as them making a statement: If we can't speak the truth about how we feel, we simply won't speak.

bwen said:
Kristen in my opinion has never been comfortable being asked questions, she like Rob is rather awkward, where Rob usually laughs, she frowns or grimaces and then just ends her answer, and sometimes leaves it hanging incomplete.

Personally I would rather see this, than the stand pat "Hollywood franchise answers" it is refreshing, and gives the fans some insight to the actors personality. I find her to be sweet, rather shy of attention, sensitive, and fiercely private, all of these are good qualities in and industry that should judge your success by your work and not your media skills in answering the same inane questions over and over.
Let's hope Kristen is being a typical teen: moody, mouthy, self centered, etc. Becasue, if she thinks her attitude is going to be accepted in Hollywood, she has another-think-coming. There are soooo many other Kristen's just waiting for a chance in Hollywood. Maybe not for the Twi series, but if she wants to continue to work in Hollywood, she better change her ways. But, gonna hope that it's just the fact that she's a ding-dong teen (not to say ALL teens are ding-dongs, but let's admit, that can be a very trying time). And, Rob is just the opposite, funny, nice, helpful...but he is a few years older than Kristen. Cross-your-fingers that K changes....soon.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! this is actually pretty hilarious. lol ok..... first off, no. i'm not 12. i'm a full grown 24 year old woman with a daughter and a family of my own. second..... if you call this a personal attack, you are WAY too sensitive. lol cause trust me, you'll know if i was actually trying to attack you. i'm not quite so nice. and people also get banned for using explicit launguage too, but i choose to sensor mine for the sake of the yungins on here. hence the " * " in the word "f*ing". lol but if you would like to spell it out, go for it. but i find it a little unnecessary. anywho.... about this whole nonsense about her being reluctant to talk about NM because "she absolutely hates it" ummmm.... i'm pretty sure that they're all just sick of answering the same questions. and plus, before twilight she was a nobody, and now i think she's kinda got her nose in the air a little bit and doesn't feel like she needs to give real answers anymore. but whatever. i'm done discussing this cause i feel i've said all i need to say. and i think it's funny how intimidating you think you are. but i don't put up with ignorant people. you are more than welcome to come on discussion boards and express your oppinion, but there's no need to have such an ignorant attitude about everything. and honestly you are the only one on here that i've had a problem with so far. but from now on i'm going to choose just to ignore you cause you are not, and never were, worth my time. i love all the reast of you! thanks guys for being so awesome! :D peace. i'm out.

Morgaine Chya said:
1) Whoopee, you don't care about being my friend. Who ever said you did? And who cares if you do?

2) We are all entitled to our own opinions. The difference between me and you is that you cannot support your opinions with logical arguments, so must stoop to the tactic of a weak poster: personal attacks. Many boards ban people who personally attack other posters because it is disruptive and not warranted. Apaprently TwiFans doesn't.

3) As I've said before, KS seems to be reluctant to discuss NM, and she wasn't with Twilight. Something has changed, and my bet it's the filming experience and the direction of the film Weitz, the franchise destroyer, has taken the film. At any rate, I don't expect actors to lie to promote a film. In fact, I would think less of them if they did because it means that they would sell their personal integrity to make a movie.

It's not just KS who is not interested in saying much about the film. Besides TL, the core actors have been not exactly praiseful of NM. The meme they tend to stick with is "It was peaceful with Weitz directing." Compare that to what they said about Twilight and working with Hardwicke.

4) Regarding your calling me a f****** retard...how old are you? 12?

CassieP~ said:
i totally agree with you "ihstpa". and morgaine, i could give a s*** less about you or being your friend. but i also have a right to express my opinion, and my opinion is that you are an f*ing retard. there are SO MANY female actresses out there who choose to expose NOTHING of their personal selves and yet still manage to present themselves, their film, or their agency with the upmost proffessionalism and poise. being reserved is far from being the same thing as being negative. and kristen stewart is both. i respect kstew as an actress, i just think she needs to show a little more pride in her work. this is one of the greatest love stories ever to be told, and she has been presented with the oppurtunity to portray that beauty on screen and bring this story to life. which she has done an AMAZING job of so far. so why does she seem so damn depressed about the fact that she's involved with this franchise? it's completely normal for a 19 yr old to go through phases because that's just life. and yeah i'm sure she wants to mature as an actress and take on other roles. she may think that all the attention from "teen fans" will negatively impact her image in the future, but i think that she forgets the fact that there is an enormous amount of normal, more mature fans that also respect her as an actress and i think she forgets that she is also still a teenager and that she needs to have a little bit more respect for the people that are making it possible for her to live out her dream and do this for a living. cause, honestly, if no one liked her, she would never succeed as an actress and would have to go back to being "normal" like all the rest of us. so she needs to appreciate her fans and show them the kind of love that taylor and ashley do. those two, to me, have really got it down what it means to be proffessional and respectful and grateful for what you have and the people that have made it possible. and once again i will say that i really like chris weitz and am grateful for him as well. so in closing..... no one is hating on kstew. just giving her alittle heads up to clean it up a little bit. she needs to take the proffessionalism she shows on-set and show it off-set at twilight sponsored events as well. and maybe tip her hat a little to her millions of fans and maybe just a smile or two. at least. that's not a lot to ask. anyways.... i'm done now.
All of the actors are probably a little overwhelmed by their new found fame, They are all very young and have to live up to everyone pulling at them from every direction, even their parents Im sure. They are super-star material overnight basically. It doesnt ease up either, this has been going on since the movie was released.

They must be exhausted. KS is working back to back on films, interviews, conventions etc.. working with Joan Jett might not be alot of fun for her either. God, I cannot imagine. OR Maybe she needs a mental break from Twilight for a few moments. Her interviews might sound like she is stressed instead of disappointed I dont really judge or misconstrue what she might be thinking, She might sound stuck up, or she might need to just have sex or whatever the reason is, its her reason and nobody elses. She will look at this experience someday and say she is glad she did it, but right now, she might not seem so happy about this constant interruption in her life.

I respect her as an actress and hope she finds a way to get through the next several movies without quiting. Maybe she knows how much power she has with Summit and knows they dont have s*** without her. Stephanie will always have her books though..

This is a message board like many many others... Opinions are meant to be debated, that is the thrill of the board. It means you are living, thinking, human beings. Whether you believe it or not, you will all be friends someday if you stick around long enough.
Cindy said:
Let's hope Kristen is being a typical teen: moody, mouthy, self centered, etc. Becasue, if she thinks her attitude is going to be accepted in Hollywood, she has another-think-coming. There are soooo many other Kristen's just waiting for a chance in Hollywood. Maybe not for the Twi series, but if she wants to continue to work in Hollywood, she better change her ways. But, gonna hope that it's just the fact that she's a ding-dong teen (not to say ALL teens are ding-dongs, but let's admit, that can be a very trying time). And, Rob is just the opposite, funny, nice, helpful...but he is a few years older than Kristen. Cross-your-fingers that K changes....soon.

I think there are a huge amount of girls just like KS in Hollywood and KS will always have huge career in the film biz whether she acts this way or not. You cant shine sun up everyones A$$ 24/7.
I hate to point out the obvious, but her attitude has not had a negative impact on her career. She has movies lined up to the horizon, and her peers say she is a solid actor who supports other actors in their roles, and a true professional.

I don't get the "mouthy" and "self-centered." She's a private person, as is RP. That is who she is. But she has spoken quite a bit actually about NM, and with some very in-depth statements about how she felt about such an intensely emotional movie for her character.

But everybody sees things differently. Viva la diversitad.

Cindy said:
Let's hope Kristen is being a typical teen: moody, mouthy, self centered, etc. Becasue, if she thinks her attitude is going to be accepted in Hollywood, she has another-think-coming. There are soooo many other Kristen's just waiting for a chance in Hollywood. Maybe not for the Twi series, but if she wants to continue to work in Hollywood, she better change her ways. But, gonna hope that it's just the fact that she's a ding-dong teen (not to say ALL teens are ding-dongs, but let's admit, that can be a very trying time). And, Rob is just the opposite, funny, nice, helpful...but he is a few years older than Kristen. Cross-your-fingers that K changes....soon.
i like you. and i agree with everything you said. very good points made. thank you.

Sarena said:
All of the actors are probably a little overwhelmed by their new found fame, They are all very young and have to live up to everyone pulling at them from every direction, even their parents Im sure. They are super-star material overnight basically. It doesnt ease up either, this has been going on since the movie was released.

They must be exhausted. KS is working back to back on films, interviews, conventions etc.. working with Joan Jett might not be alot of fun for her either. God, I cannot imagine. OR Maybe she needs a mental break from Twilight for a few moments. Her interviews might sound like she is stressed instead of disappointed I dont really judge or misconstrue what she might be thinking, She might sound stuck up, or she might need to just have sex or whatever the reason is, its her reason and nobody elses. She will look at this experience someday and say she is glad she did it, but right now, she might not seem so happy about this constant interruption in her life.

I respect her as an actress and hope she finds a way to get through the next several movies without quiting. Maybe she knows how much power she has with Summit and knows they dont have s*** without her. Stephanie will always have her books though..

This is a message board like many many others... Opinions are meant to be debated, that is the thrill of the board. It means you are living, thinking, human beings. Whether you believe it or not, you will all be friends someday if you stick around long enough.
Morgaine why do you feel the need to make fun of everyone's point of view? everyone's entitled to there own POV and you seem to have more than your fair share with the amount of comments you've littered this page with.
I agree with what you say about the 'f****** psychopaths' comment, people bring it on themselves, the people that go out there grabbing at them and invading their personal space it's not fair on them and they give the real fans a bad name, ruining it for everyone else but as for you saying you don't notice her poor attitude - you must be blind, she refuses to do publicity for a film she signed up for and feels like she is not obliged to answer questions about it, she needs to realise how lucky she is to be in her position. She needs to approach publicity with a better attitude, like taylor, he never has a bad word to say and his attitude is better than many others in the movie.
Morgaine Chya said:
"...Oh & I also get VERY annoyed when she talks about her fans like they are all a bunch of f****** psychopaths...that just makes me want to punch her in the face..."

ROLFMAO! Thanks for the great example of the "f****** psychopath fans" KS is talking about.
I think that the enormous success of the Twilight Saga's movies doesn't fit very well with KS's introverted personality ; but, after all, that's the reason why she's so similar to Bella for so many different aspects!
i don't think kristen stewart has a negative attitude...actually i think she's to kind..she is followed everywhere..she has no private space, even her thoughts are invaded of all that stupid paparazzi...in an official interview about twilight i never saw her uncomfortable...yes she is uncomfortable when a "stalker" ask her a question about twilight which certainly has the name robert pattinson in it. if she said once.twice, one hundred times maybe that she is not dating rob pattinson why they keep asking?and why the hell is their problem?if ks and rp are together i'm happy and it's their bussines..if they decide to make this offcial again is a good thing...but until then it's private and the paparazzi should stop asking!!she is the perfect bella and her attitude will never hurt the saga..what will really hurt the twilght series it's kristen stewart leaving and bella beeing replaced..so let's try to think at this, not at her attitude.

RSS

Advertising

Watch us while we sleep...

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...