Personally, no. But i know that some people might.

Views: 241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OMG...OF COURSE NO...IAM SOOOO MUCH HAPPY THAT THEY BACK TOGETHER AGAIN...GET MARRIED AFTER THAT, THEN HAVE RENESEMEE...
Absolutely not.
I parsonally think that.... Bella and Edward belonged together... and there was no need to add Jacob to kind of cut things off between them. Jacob is important, and cute, and everything... just that he was NOT for Bella

Definitely not. I love Edward & can't stand Jacob. Plus Edward & Bella are soul mates, meant to be together whatever you want to call it. She could have been happy w/Jacob I guess but not the same as Edward. (It seems like Bella even makes this observation herself I think in NM.) I agree w/what others have said about the immature, annoying, selfish, manipulative dog that Jacob is!

But thankfully SM knew the ending to their story & that Edward & Bella would be together.

Electra: Question #1 comes from Tori. Tori wants to know, was the final version of Breaking Dawn how you originally planned it or were there other plot lines you created and this was just the one that made the cut?

S: “I have known the ending of this series since about October, 2003. So it’s actually been a long time coming. The rough draft of Breaking Dawn, which you guys know is Forever Dawn, I was finished around February of 2004 and I really stuck to the original plan because once I got there, it seemed like the only possible ending. So really there weren’t other plotlines that I was choosing from, this was always the way it was meant to happen.”

I got this from The Breaking Dawn Concert Tour-Chicago Q&A on the Twilight Lexicon. (A GREAT source of information if you've never been. They have a lot of extra stuff w/cool info from SM from their personnal correspondence w/her.)

Also on her website SM has a great explanation of NM& WHY OH WHY Edward left. Read that if you haven't yet! Plus the other extras she has on there. They're all great.

Jacob would have always been Bella's second choice, and even though I don't like him, he deserves more than that. With Jacob being so young and his natural wolf temper they would have ran into problems right away, knowing she loved someone else more.
Not exactly.I would just prefer that he hadnt turned her into a vampire.For 2 reasons-1.when Edward turned Bella,he went against everything he and the Cullens believed(That he would be sacrificing her soul) and everything the Cullens have stood for and fought to preserve(their souls). And I know some people will say "Well,by Edward turning Bella,now they will be able to spend eternity together." Well,the question is-What happens after eternity?The world won't last forever.Vampires of all people know that. And what is the point of spending eternity with the one you love if its in a place where love does not exist(Hell)?I mean,lets face it, Bella basically sold her soul for love. If it were me,I dont care how much I loved someone,I would not put that person before God or my soul.The soul is just too precious.And 2. I think it would have been alot more interesting if Stephenie Meyer had come up with another creative way to save Bella's life.I really believe that if they were truly meant to be together God(Who the Cullens, clearly, believe in) would have found a way
But Bella believed Edward had a soul, it was Edward who thought of himself as a souless monster. Plus to me it was never proven that vampires did not have souls. Most of them believed they did not is all. Aside from all that, this is just a fantasy, we are lead to believe Edward and Bella lived happily ever after. Which is fine with me as far as fiction goes.:)
I guess I am just looking at it from a Christian point of view.Which is logical because the very fact that Stephenie Meyer put so much emphasis on the soul leaves it open to enterpretation from that perspective.And,like I said-Carlisle and MOST of the Cullens believe they still have a soul and are searching for a way to redeem themselves.Otherwise,why would Carlisle just raise his family like other vampires-with no remorse or respect for human life?When Edward turned Bella,he destroyed everything the Cullens fought for centuries to preserve.Thats why I thought Breaking Dawn was sad

Dana said:
But Bella believed Edward had a soul, it was Edward who thought of himself as a souless monster. Plus to me it was never proven that vampires did not have souls. Most of them believed they did not is all. Aside from all that, this is just a fantasy, we are lead to believe Edward and Bella lived happily ever after. Which is fine with me as far as fiction goes.:)
I will have to disagree, because to me there is *no way* SM would write a story and lead us to believe Bella of all people lost her soul and was damned to hell. Bella and the Cullens were different than other vampires in that they respected human life. So for me, the Cullens all had souls and BD was not meant to be sad, but happy.
I agree they all have souls--the question remains,where will that soul end up when they eventually do die?Which, as I said, the world wont last forever,so their soul has to end up somewhere. And If you believe in God(Which the Cullens obviously do) its a simple fact that if you put love for someone else ABOVE your love for God and your immortal soul-you are basically selling your soul. And where do people who sell their souls end up?Hell.Its that simple.I realize its fiction.But, just because its fiction doesnt mean logic cant apply(I didnt say "doesnt" I said "cant") It can in some cases.Especially this case

Dana said:
I will have to disagree, because to me there is *no way* SM would write a story and lead us to believe Bella of all people lost her soul and was damned to hell. Bella and the Cullens were different than other vampires in that they respected human life. So for me, the Cullens all had souls and BD was not meant to be sad, but happy.
Well I guess I am not reading that far into it. Like I said I don't think Stephenie would even chance Bella ending up in hell. I also don't think there was ever a question of Bella putting love above God, or at least not from what I read or understood. It's very realistic, logical questions though, and as much as I love Twilight, it's neither realistic or logical.
lol Then I guess we will just have to agree to disagree:-) Truce! lol. God bless

Dana said:
Well I guess I am not reading that far into it. Like I said I don't think Stephenie would even chance Bella ending up in hell. I also don't think there was ever a question of Bella putting love above God, or at least not from what I read or understood. It's very realistic, logical questions though, and as much as I love Twilight, it's neither realistic or logical.
:)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

Watch us while we sleep...

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...