Instead of clogging up our group with many stories, how about we put all short stories into one forum. But the title at the top so we know what its called. Gracias!

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

Arcane Fire

I let the cool wind blow my dark hair around as I stood on the edge looking around. I could see far into the dense forest beneath the cliff, I knew that they were there. Waiting in the forest was the Demons, laying in wait for one of my kind to wander astray, easy prey for their massive band. They had no idea what was to come. I closed my eyes, tilted my head towards the the dark, starless sky, and laughed. I took a deep breath, savoring the delicious sent of the air before diving.

Halfway down the cliff, large onyx wings exploded from my back, helping me to glide to a gentle stop at the base of the cliff. I relished the feeling of stretching them, since so seldom do I get the freedom of doing so. I pulled them back inside before making my way into the darkness of the woods. All around me night creatures chirped and screeched, a creek babbled in the distance. I remembered my mission and smiled. It was funny to me how easy my job was, how much fun I have doing it.

Mingling in the fresh air was the putrid smell of the soulless creatures carried by the wind to the north. I set in motion. I followed the scent, mutely racing through the trees. Soon I came upon thicker woods and knew I was close. I could hear their devilish laughter penetrating the forest, followed by a bloodcurdling scream. Another round of laughter, another scream. They must have one of us already, I thought, edging closer without being seen. All my enjoyment of what I was doing removed as I relized someone was in danger, already being tortured by the Demons of Hell.

The creatures soon came into sight. Two were holding onto a mangled figure, slumbed over in unconsciousness. Two more where in front, laughing and throwing shadowy objects at the poor being. The Demons resembled Humans, but when one looked closely, they could tell the difference. Their eyes held no hint of a soul, their skin held no color nor light and was gritty to the touch. Their faces never showing any kindness. For Guardians like myself, they could see a dark aura around them, hinting to the evil that lay within. They were a complete mockery of the human form.

When one of the Spawn in front moved forward to finish the limp figure of a Guardian off, I stepped into their site. “Well hello boys. I see you seem to be having fun tonight.”

They whirled around to face me. They studied me for a minute: no weapons, no backup, no big muscle; I should be easy prey. Their grins returned to their face as they focused on me. “Hello to you too,” one to my right said, inching ever so closer. “Come out to play? Or you just wishing to die?”

I couldn’t help but laugh. The forest rang with my lyrical laughter, wiping the grins off their faces. “Oh no, Dear. I’m here for play. And it looks to me like you are going to be a fun toy.” I slowly circled the group, looking them up and down while their eyes followed. Definitely fun. “But before we have fun, I have a bone to pick with you. See, that creature you got there just happens to be a Guardian and therefore a good friend of mine. Now I’m not that big of a fan of you maiming the Children of the Angels. It’s kind of p****** me off.” By the end of my little speech, all joking had gone out of my voice. Instead it was replaced with a serious tone that changed the mood of the scene.

“Well, I don’t think there is much you can do about that little missy. There are four of us and only one of you. And lets face it, you don’t look like you could hurt a fly.” They all laughed at that, and I joined them, though for another reason. Before they could get away, thick black vines wormed their way up their legs and around their torsos. The vines encircled their arms and pinned them to their sides. They couldn’t move.

“Now you guys listen here,” I barked, feeling the cold flame inside me start to burn. I was losing a little bit of control I had over the immense power I was born to wield. The wind blew my hair around while a dark flame slowly circled the bottoms of my feet. I let my wings free, adding to their fear. Oh yes, I thought, projecting the thought into their minds. They heard me. You thought I was easy picking but instead find that you are doomed. The faintest sound of a song reached my ears and I knew I couldn’t delay anymore and risk losing control completely. The ends of the vines were little buds, they opened up to reveal razor sharp leaves and a pale interior. The buds burrowed into their necks, filling their flames with the same black flame that swirled my whole body. Their veins turned black and were completely visible behind their pale skin. The shrieked and writhed but were not able to escape their fate. Soon, their life was burned away and their hollow bodies burned to ash. The surrounding air rang in the sudden silence.

I rushed to the collapsed figure of a Guardian, knowing she had little time left. The same black vines that had taken the life away from the Demons now penetrated into the neck of the girl. But instead of draining away her life, they pumped in life from the surrounding life. The grass around us wilted and turned brown, the bushes sagged. I knelt by her, my wings moving restlessly. An eye opened. Then the other.

“Oh thank goodness! I almost thought I lost you!” As I spoke I help her slowly to her feel. “I didn’t know they already caught one of us until I heard you scream, or else I would have come sooner. Are you alright?”

The girl looked herself over, looking for the wounds that used to be there. “I’m all right I think. How did you-” she stared. Looking at me for the first time, she noticed the dark fire and the wings and became silent.

I laughed kindly. “Don’t worry dear. Let’s get you back to Le Fue Noir and get you some rest. The others are probably worried.” I stretched my wings to full length, ready to fly. The girl just stood and stared. She shook her head and to clear her shock. Then she walked forward to me, looking at my face. I grabbed onto her and prepared to take off into the sky.

“Thank you, Your Majesty.” She whispered. I smiled down at her, and then we were off into the Heavens.
Fateful Night

Stepping into the cool fall air, I could tell something was not right. As my dark hair fluttered in the wind, I sensed the urgency in it. It was begging me to follow, to help. I could hear the faint whisper of the wind telling me that I was needed. I had a job to do. I anticipated something from them today. I felt it, saw it in my dreams. The earth would tell me their secrets to me, leaving no surprises. I closed my eyes and inhaled the sweet smell of the night. Then off I went, being directed by the air.

I was led outside of town, in a little dense woods. I could easily snake through the crowded trees, following the pulling sensation that had a grip on me. The closer I got to the clearing I had dreamt about, the more I was loosing control of myself. I could tell in the reflection on the water of the creek, my feet were already beginning to be consumed by Black Fire. My hair whipped around, not by the wind anymore, but like a flame, burning in the night.

I entered the clearing, all but lost to my natural state. I saw the people across the field, if you could call them that. So they finally found it…the little fountain that used to be a wonder back in the day. Now, it was covered in vines, no longer spouting any water. But in the basin of the fountain, still lay the source of all our lives, our power. This was what I was born to prevent, what I was designed for. Time to end this once and for all.

I could hear the ritual words, in a satanic language spoken only by the true demons of the earth. They were trying to destroy the well and stop the flow of life for all Guardians of the Earth. Too bad for them that I caught them in the action. They should not underestimate me, I thought to myself. I felt anticipation for the final battle, and a little excitement. I was made for this.

I coughed, announcing my presence. They froze for a second, before slowly turning around to face me. These faces I recognized. These were the elite of their kind, the rulers of the Demon race. Their leader, posing as a man in his forties, headed the group, followed by his “daughter,” a malicious blonde. They stood in the middle, smirking at my apparent aloneness. They were smug; they refused to believe that the Queen finally walked to earth to put an end to their evil race. How ignorant of them.

The leader stepped forward, bowing slightly, eyes never leaving mine. “Well, hello, your Highness,” he laughed, causing a chorus of laughter from the crowd behind them. Clearly they still did not believe who I was. They still believed the Guardians were trying to scare them by saying I was the Queen, the prophesied ruler of my race and their downfall. I sighed and shook my head. I knew this would be easy.

Their party spread out, making a half circle around me. They weren’t in the mood to talk. “Well, aren’t you guys chatty? Mind if I just interrupt you for a little while? I promise this won’t take long.” Again they all chuckled, amused by my self-assured statement.

“No, of course this won’t take long. We promise to finish this quickly; we have other things to do tonight.” They all became really serious, remembering their mission.

Two of the guys on at one end of the semi-circle moved forward slowly, smiling. I rolled my eyes. They saw that and the guys pounced. In midair, they fell to the ground, and erupted into a pyre of black flames. The rest of them stared, shocked at the pile of ashes that used to be two of their members. Then their eyes turned toward me, still unbelieving. Then it dawned on them, and the smiles no longer drawn on their faces. I saw them all begin to move, and I acted.

Their whole group was paralyzed. A dark vine crawled up their legs and buried itself inside their skin. Their veins became more visible as the vine began to drain them. They were done for. Their faces became gaunt as the skin tightened. When they lost the strength to stand, they fell to their knees before me. Then, on his last breath, the leader whispered, “So it is true.” And then he was gone; a pile of clothes on the ground. Then even the clothes were gone in a blaze of the dark fire.

With the leader gone, I could hear the screeches of his followers around the world. They all were overpowered by the Fire, leaving the earth finally free of their demonic presence. After their howls ended, the sounds of the rest of the world reached my ears. The wind spoke of gratitude, the tress their thanks, and the waters cried in joy.

I walked over to the Fountain and sat down. My job was done. I rested my head on the edge and trailed my fingers through the water in the basin. For the one and only moment in my life, I let myself go completely. Instead of keeping check of all the power I was born to wield, I let loose. Black wings springing forth from my back and I soared through the night.
Non-fiction autobiographical essay

My Heaven Was White

For the longest time, whenever I was in one of those weird modes where I would think about death and what happens after you die, I’d think of Heaven as white. The Heaven you see in movies and cartoons with white clouds and white robes and white wings. No color, just clouds and harps. The normal Heaven you always think of when you think of Heaven. It wasn’t really appealing, this image of Heaven. It seemed boring. What was there to do on a cloud? Where were the trees, the rain, the greens, reds, blues, and every other color of the rainbow?

Don’t get me wrong, I wanted to go to Heaven when I died. I definitely didn’t want to wind up in Hell and Purgatory didn’t sound too pleasant either. I knew that in Heaven, there would be no suffering like there was on Earth. But that didn’t stop me from feeling less than enthusiastic when I thought of Heaven. I would miss nature. I would miss the days of summer, just sitting on the porch, looking off into the rain, breathing in the delicious sent that it brought forth, being comforted by the rhythmic pounding against everything. I would miss the green of the trees, the woodsy smell of a forest. I would miss the warm sunshine making the myriad of colorful flowers spring to life, like they glowed.

Where would the blue of the sky be? Where would the softness of a newborn puppy be? The scent of the ocean, where would that be on a cloud up in the sky? The things that I treasured most in the physical world, besides the people I held closest to my heart, would not be in the Heaven that I was taught to believe in. Would Heaven be as great as they say when there was no color? No soft breeze brining in the mist of the afternoon rain shower. It was a huge disappointment.

Then one day, I was watching a particularly sad but great movie. The only thing relevant is that she dies. She meets up with some other young girls and off they go into Heaven. The weird thing is, their Heaven had color. It had flowers, sunshine, a soft breeze causing the field to sway. Everything glowed with brilliant rainbows. They all seemed to glow as well, bursting with smiles and joy. That, that is the Heaven I want.

It was with that movie that my perspective of Heaven changed. Heaven was like Earth, but not like Earth. Let’s say you take Earth in all it’s imperfect glory. You give it a good wash, remove all the dirt and grime away from it to make it shiny and beautiful. That is Heaven. All the layers of Earth’s filth removed to leave only the pure good, glowing, beauty of the world. In Heaven, the trees shine with a brilliant green our eyes cannot behold here on Earth. The lakes and oceans sparkle to a new level. The scent of the flowers and the rain is untainted by decay and debris. My new Heaven is beautiful. My new Heaven is amazing.

My Heaven is colorful.
Thank you! Im glad you like it. Coming from someone who is a pretty darn good writer, thats gotta be good lol

marybeth -- cool kids said:
That was amazing, bb! And that is exactly the Heaven that I want as well :)

Missy (Team Twinkie) said:
Non-fiction autobiographical essay

My Heaven Was White

For the longest time, whenever I was in one of those weird modes where I would think about death and what happens after you die, I’d think of Heaven as white. The Heaven you see in movies and cartoons with white clouds and white robes and white wings. No color, just clouds and harps. The normal Heaven you always think of when you think of Heaven. It wasn’t really appealing, this image of Heaven. It seemed boring. What was there to do on a cloud? Where were the trees, the rain, the greens, reds, blues, and every other color of the rainbow?

Don’t get me wrong, I wanted to go to Heaven when I died. I definitely didn’t want to wind up in Hell and Purgatory didn’t sound too pleasant either. I knew that in Heaven, there would be no suffering like there was on Earth. But that didn’t stop me from feeling less than enthusiastic when I thought of Heaven. I would miss nature. I would miss the days of summer, just sitting on the porch, looking off into the rain, breathing in the delicious sent that it brought forth, being comforted by the rhythmic pounding against everything. I would miss the green of the trees, the woodsy smell of a forest. I would miss the warm sunshine making the myriad of colorful flowers spring to life, like they glowed.

Where would the blue of the sky be? Where would the softness of a newborn puppy be? The scent of the ocean, where would that be on a cloud up in the sky? The things that I treasured most in the physical world, besides the people I held closest to my heart, would not be in the Heaven that I was taught to believe in. Would Heaven be as great as they say when there was no color? No soft breeze brining in the mist of the afternoon rain shower. It was a huge disappointment.

Then one day, I was watching a particularly sad but great movie. The only thing relevant is that she dies. She meets up with some other young girls and off they go into Heaven. The weird thing is, their Heaven had color. It had flowers, sunshine, a soft breeze causing the field to sway. Everything glowed with brilliant rainbows. They all seemed to glow as well, bursting with smiles and joy. That, that is the Heaven I want.

It was with that movie that my perspective of Heaven changed. Heaven was like Earth, but not like Earth. Let’s say you take Earth in all it’s imperfect glory. You give it a good wash, remove all the dirt and grime away from it to make it shiny and beautiful. That is Heaven. All the layers of Earth’s filth removed to leave only the pure good, glowing, beauty of the world. In Heaven, the trees shine with a brilliant green our eyes cannot behold here on Earth. The lakes and oceans sparkle to a new level. The scent of the flowers and the rain is untainted by decay and debris. My new Heaven is beautiful. My new Heaven is amazing.

My Heaven is colorful.
Thanks! Im really glad you like them. I don't like these as much as I do the ones I base of dreams I have but I still like them.

Roses&BloodPack said:
Roses&BloodPack- OMG!!!!! these stories r awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! write more!!!!!!!

RSS

Advertising

Watch us while we sleep...

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...