Hi. I have been writing a few fan fics lately. I notice for me a lot of the time my writing takes on a life of it's own.

Most of the time this works out to being a better more interesting plot. My question is have you ever notice your stories having a like of there own? Also I posted the 12th chapter and someone commented, great ended. Now I didn't realize it was over lol. So if you write and things go off in a slightly different path how do you tell when you should be over.

Right now I feel like I could go on for at least 4 or 5 more chapters or I could leave it where it is. I have even thought about doing a series now I have opened my story up.

Anyways I just wondered if anyone else found there writing having a mind of its own. Also I would love tips on how to tell when your story should be over when you are writing with immortal characters.

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Ohh btw here is the link to my story http://simplytwilight.com/eFiction35/viewstory.php?sid=71&index=1 just in case anyone wants to give it a read.
Hmm...This is tough since they can live forever. Well, you can plan out what you want your story to be and then end it where you want to end it. With the immortal characters, if you ever feel like picking it back up and writing more, you can.its up to you when you want to end it.

I have found that when i get in the writing mode, there is stuff i originally planned on using that i change. also over time my stories change. its how the creative mind works, its always changing and evolving.
Always it is difficult to finish something, but if you realize a series of books, it(he,she) might develop it more, always it is necessary to bear in mind the detail of the final edition.
I feel better now I have been writing my 1st stories, They are all constantly changing and evolving going off in there own ways. I try and keep true to where i wanted them to go and am on my way back to the plot I had 1st seen in my mind.

Its nice to know thats normal I was thinking hmmm am i letting my story get carried away lol its hard not to get new ideas as you go

missy metzler said:
Hmm...This is tough since they can live forever. Well, you can plan out what you want your story to be and then end it where you want to end it. With the immortal characters, if you ever feel like picking it back up and writing more, you can.its up to you when you want to end it.

I have found that when i get in the writing mode, there is stuff i originally planned on using that i change. also over time my stories change. its how the creative mind works, its always changing and evolving.
Ya i wasn't feeling ready to end it but with ppl commenting it was a good ending I thought hmm did i leave my original idea so far off that maybe it ended and I didnt notice. Now I am thinking it's not over yet b/c i had an Idea of how i wanted it to end and I have not yet come to that point

María Angélica Castro Camacho said:
Always it is difficult to finish something, but if you realize a series of books, it(he,she) might develop it more, always it is necessary to bear in mind the detail of the final edition.

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...