This is a unofficial guide from TwiFans.com, to help you from start to finish with the 2011 Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 panel in Hall H of the San Diego Convention center from July 20th to the 24th.
Hall H is located on the south side of the San Diego Convention center. You will see a sign for where they want the line for Hall H to start. At least there was in 2009. In 2009, it started at the corner, up along the building heading toward the bay. In 2010, the line was started in the grass to the south side of the building and the area was covered for shade. This does not mean it will be the same this year. Comic-Con is very good at signage and security. It will be a easily found area.
What this means is that during the Breaking Dawn panel, it's likely to be only TwiFans trying to get seats. So generally we won't be fighting with other fanboys or fangirls from other genres for good seating. There are 6500 seats in Hall H with huge screens everywhere. Every Twilight fan will have a good seat.
What is most important for the best experience at Comic-Con?
1. Hotel- You should have got this long ago but if you haven't start looking in the surrounding areas like the harbor or Coronado. Even if you have to stay 10-15 minutes away to get a good priced deal, it's worth it.
2. Line buddies are essential for a good experience in line. Line buddies can be the people in your group or friends you make on either side of you in line. Line etiquette: Make sure to let everyone around you know how many friends are in your group and if it's more than just a few, people may not be happy. Best bet is to all go at the same time. Security will get very strict about adding additional friends to the line.
Being comfortable in line is different to everyone. Some people bring a chair and survive with a chair forever and others want luxury hotel like digs. Whether you want to pack the whole car or fly in with just the necessities, we have some suggestions and plans for how to build your outdoor line living room.
3. Chairs-The concrete is really hard in San Diego. For some reason I feel the concrete is harder in SD than it is anywhere else lol. Even with a blanket, it's to hard to sit on for an extended period of time.
4. Shade & Sunblock-With skin pale as a vampire; keeping cool and not having a sunburn that will ruin your time at Comic-Con is important. We bring a beach umbrella with a basket full of blankets to hold it up, sunscreen, and large hats. Also beach half-moon shade structures are nice. They have them at Costco right now for around $35.00. Oh, I almost forgot Sunglasses!
5. Snacks & water - whether you are waiting outside or holding onto your coveted seat inside, having a few snacks and a beverage is helpful. There are concessions available for purchase but for better choices and convenience, bring a few of your own. If you are flying in, not to worry. There is a Ralph's grocery store a short walk from the Convention Center. It is also important to stay hydrated when you are out waiting in the sun.
6. Bug spray-There are very large water bugs/roaches that came out of the planters at night. I will be spraying the ground all around me before setting up my area. If everyone does it, maybe we will be safe from the creatures!
7. Notebook & pen-It's fun to exchange your TwiFans profile and Facebook pages with each other to keep touch once you have made friends. This is where Kim and I met for the very first time.
What will happen when they let us into Hall H?
There will be tons of Comic-Con employees making sure that you aren't running or saving seats, so try to keep your group together. The room is huge. About 200-300 fans will fit in the first couple rows, so don't freak out. You will get a good spot either in front of the panel or in front of a large screen (which you end us watching for close ups anyways).
Once you are in your desired spot, don't move unless you are going to the bathroom. Even then, make sure you have someone watching your seat like a hawk.
8. Questions for the panel: Get your questions ready for the Twilight cast. Please ask something that gets new information about the film. Open-ended questions are best, not a question that could be answered with a yes or a no.
9. Cameras-Photos and videos are permitted for the panels. Except when they roll the video clips. Security is extremely tight during the clips.
10. Poster container or rubber bands-When walking the floor last year we received all types of cool posters, including New Moon posters. But they aren't any good if they are all wrinkled. A poster container will be great place for a brand new Breaking Dawn - Part 1 poster!
11. Patience and a sense of humor - Comic-Con has some of the most amazing people watching. Many come in costume. It is a lot of fun, but it can be very crowded and involve tons of waiting to get into panels and between events. Try to enjoy the experience of being there and make new friends. Where else can you go and know that Twifans aren't the biggest geeks in the crowd? Enjoy!
Hall H is only part of the Comic-Con experience. There are rooms with panels and the convention room floor to explore. Here is the cci11exhib_maps.pdf
12. Schedule-Make your schedule after you register on the Comic-Con site at http://mysched.comic-con.org/. Comic-Con has a program that let's you click on the highlighted panels you want to see each day to make your own custom schedule for the days you are going to be there. You still might not be able to get into the rooms you want to.
Twilight related panels:
Thursday, July 21st:
11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 panel in Hall H.
Time TBA: Abduction star Taylor Lautner autograph signing at the Liongate's booth #3729.
Friday, July 22nd:
2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.: The River Exclusive screening of Fox's supernatural series: There will be a screening of this show but what will be interesting for Twilight fans is Joe Anderson aka European Nomad Alistair in Breaking Dawn - Part 1. Room 6A.
Saturday, July 23rd:
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.: There'll be a Twilight fan fiction panel with the following fic writers: ScarlettLetters (Wild Swan), ArcadianMaggie (I Wept Not), MJinAspen (Reality Minus Expectations), Rochelle Allison (Stary Eyed Inside), magnolia822 (A Quit Fire), Belladonna1472 (The Cullen Campaign) and Einfach Mich (Confessions of a Difficult Woman). They are expected to discuss "the challenges and joys of writing derivative fiction in the Twilight fandom," which sounds terribly interesting, and it'll take placce in the Santa Rosa Room at the Marritt Marquis & Marina.
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.: Immortals panel. Kellan Lutz and co-stars will be appearing in Hall H.
3:30 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.: Snow White And The Huntsman panel. Kristen Stewart has been confirmed to be showing up for this panel. Snow White And The Huntsman will be presenting "exclusive footage" and participating in a Q&A in Hall H.
Thursday, July 21st:
Time TBA: Veronica Roth, author of Divergent which is being made into a film by Summit Entertainment will be signing autographs at the Summit booth #4029.
Friday, July 22nd:
1:25 - 2:30 p.m.: Underworld 4 brings a stunning new dimension to the epic battle between Vampires and Lycans as the first film in the franchise to shoot in 3D. Kate Beckinsale, star of the first two films, returns in her lead role as the vampire warrior Selene, who escapes imprisonment to find that humans have discovered the existence of both Vampire and Lycan clans and are conducting an all-out war to eradicate both immortal species. Appearing in person are Kate Beckinsale, Michael Ealy, Len Wiseman (producer and director of Underworld and Underworld: Evolution), and directors Mans Marlind and Bjorn Stein. Hall H.
5:30 - 6:30 p.m.: True Blood panel & Q&A session: Mixing romance, suspense, mystery, and humor, the Emmy and Golden Globe nominated True Blood kicked off its 12-episode fourth season June 26 on HBO. The series follows the on-and-off romance between waitress and part-faerie Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), who can hear people's thoughts, and 173-year-old vampire Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer). Oscar and Emmy award winner Alan Ball created and serves as executive producer of the series, which is based on the bestselling Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris. The series -- and this panel! -- also features Ryan Kwanten as Jason Stackhouse, Sam Trammell as Sam Merlotte, Rutina Wesley as Tara Thornton, Nelsan Ellis as Lafayette, Deborah Ann Woll as Jessica Hamby, Kristin Bauer van Straten as Pam, Joe Manganiello as Alcide, and Kevin Alejandro as Jesus. Moderated by Tim Stack of Entertainment Weekly. Ballroom 20.
Saturday July 23rd:
(This is the same time as the Snow White and the Huntsman panel....decisions, decisions!)
3:30 - 4:15 p.m.: Vampire Diaries Screening and Q&A: Series stars Nina Dobrev (Degrassi: The Next Generation), Paul Wesley (Roll Bounce), Ian Somerhalder (Lost), Candice Accola (Juno), and Joseph Morgan (Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World) join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson (Scream) and Julie Plec (Kyle XY) to enthrall fans with a season two highlight reel and Q&A session.
Follow TwiFans.com on Twitter. We will be tweeting special contests and trivia for Comic-Con campers with special giveaways. Also find the TwiFans.com's website admins in line for a special gift for the Breaking Dawn - Part 1 panel.