It was cold when we got of the plane in Fairbanks. Well to me it wasn't cold but to other people-humans- it might be. We'd driven for about an hour when I saw three houses. We stopped at the second one. Renesmee took care of the luggage. She walked inside and the she came out to get me.
- Welcome home.
I said. She lead me inside. It was warm. The house was almost empty except for a woman who had to be Esmé. She eyed me carfully and then she hugged Renesmee.
- Hi, I'm Esmé.
- I'm Teresa.
- Welcome to you're new home.
- Thank you.
- Let me show you to you're room.
She said. She started walking toward the stairs. We walked upstairs. There was a room with a number of doors. Esmé opened one of the doors and lead me inside.
- Well I'll let you get settled.
- Thank you.
I said. Then she closed the door and left me alone. The room was pretty big. It had a big bed in the middle of it. With red covers. The entire wall behind the bed was out of glass. The woods were just outside the window. There was a bird in a tree just outside. There was a desk with a laptop on the left. On the right was another door. I opened it and there were so many clothes. I'd never seen so many clothes in my entire life. Well six days isn't a very long time. I grabbed a pair of jeans, a top and a sweater. I put them on my bed. I turned the laptop on and there was a picture and a small note from everyone in this family. They were all delighted to have me here and they apologized for having to go to school. I felt so welcome, not. I put the clothes on and walked downstairs. I hadn't payed much attention to how the house looked from the inside, or the outside for that matter. It was light, you walked in to the living room when you opened the front door. There were three couches in the middle of the room and a huge flat screen. There was a wall with a beautiful arch. Next to the wall was a huge dining room table. On the other side of the wall was the kitchen. It was filled with counters and silver appliences. There was a kitchen island. As I walked inside the kitchen Renesmee and Esmés heads turn toward me.
- Hey Teresa.
- You hungry?
- No, I'm fine.
- Are you sure dear? You were on a plane for a long time.
- I'm sure.
- Okay. Well the others will be home soon.
She said. I got nervous then. I was afraid to meet them, afraid what they'll think of me. They'll probably think I'm a freakshow.
- Don't worry.
Renesmee told me as she hugged me. Like I was her little sister.
- You're a part of this family now. You're my great grandaughter. Wow that sounds weird.
- So I see you found you're clothes.
- Yeah, thanks. You really didn't have to buy me clothes.
- It wasn't any trouble. Alice buys new clothes everyday.
- Well thank you again.
- Hey Teresa I'm going to warn you. Alice will probably make you her new makeup doll.
- Okay. Thanks for the warning.
I said in a weird tone.
- Look we all know that it's going to take a while for you to get settled and to feel at home here. To get comfterable with the surroundings and the new school and everything. Just know that we'll be here if you ever need to talk. All though it's pretty hard to keep secrets in this family. With the mind reading and all of that.
Esmé told me.
- Mind reading?
- Oh they didn't tell you?
- Erhmm no.
- Maybe we should let them explain to you in person instead. They should be home any minute.
I said. I heard cars on the road then. They'll be here any minute. I started to shake a little.
- Remember, don't worry.
- Yeah thanks Renesmee.
- Oh please call me Nessa.
- Okay. Thanks Nessa.
- You're welcome.
They pulled up on the driveway now. They all got out of their cars at the same time. They walked inside quickly. As soon as the door opened I felt the panic creeping up on me. The first ones to walk through the door were Edward and Bella- I remembered them from the photos on the laptop- they eyed me carefully and then they smiled. The next ones to enter were Emmet and Rosalie- Rosalie looked at me with a greatful expression and Emmet looked like a bear- follwed by Jasper and Alice. Alice walked toward me and hugged me lightly.
- Erhmm thanks.
- You sound exactly like Bella.
She laughed. Bella laughed aswell. Since Alice hugged me the rest of them had to do the same. First Bella then Edward and Jasper followed by Rosalie. Emmet was the last one to give me a hug. He gave me a big bear hug. He was the only person besides Alice that really made me feel welcome.
- This is great now I have another little sis.
He grinned at the others. I was the only one who didn't get it. I felt like an outsider. Then another person walked inside. Carlisle.
- Teresa, welcome to our home.
- Thank you.
- There are a few people missing.
He said as he looked around.
- Yes. Jacob and Seth.
Esmé told him.
- Aah well I'm sure they'll be here soon. Jacob had to pick up Seth from the airport.
- Who's Seth?
- He's a member of Jacob's pack.
- Yes, they didn't tell you about that?
- They are werewolves.
- Yes you have it in you're genes. Jacob is you're great grandfather.
- Oh. Wow this is a lot to take in.
- Anything else? My fathers coven has been trying to kill you for the last ten years.
I laughed. But nobody laughed with me. It was true. They had been trying to kill them.
- You have got to be kidding me right?
The door opened then and in comes Jacob and this Seth person.
- I'm home.
He screams. He turns his head toward me cause that's were everyone elses heads are turned. His eyes turns serious. The feeling I got wasn't anything I'd ever felt before. I felt like he meant the world to me.
- Jacob, Seth this is Teresa.
Jacob greeted me.
- It's nice to finally meet you.
He told me.
- I wish I could say the same.
- Hi I'm Seth.
I said as I shook his hand.
- Who are you?
- I would ask the same.
I said. He walked to the other side of the room. He stood next to Jacob and stared at me with a look that could kill if it was possible.
- So you said something about mind reading before.
- Yeah. Would you like to explain about you're gifts?
- I can read minds.
- Everyones minds?
- No not everyone. Not Bella's. And not...
- That's weird right?
- Jasper you're turn.
Bella cut in.
- I can change peoples emotions and I can feel emotions. Well not exactly change, calm people down.
- That's erhmm...cool.
- I can see the future.
- I have visions. But they're subjective. The future can always change. Based on what people decide.
Was the only thing that I could say.
- I have a shield. That's why Edward can't read my mind. Why no ones gifts works at me. Alice could see me when I was human. I can protect others with it too. But it takes a lot. It's hard.
- I can show people my memories.
Nessa told me.
- I wish I could do something like that.
- You don't have a gift?
- Not that I know of.
- That's odd. I mean you're mothers gift is extrordinary and you're father is a tracker. You should have some sort of special abilities.
- Well I am odd.
- Let me show you something.
Nessa said. She walked to me and placed her hand on my forehead. But nothing happened.
- I'm sorry I didn't mean to do anything.
I apologized as I put my hand on her shoulder. I saw my whole life pass by me.
- You took my gift.
- What you just did is exactly the same thing that I was going to do to you.
- I had no idea.
I told them. They all looked at me with weird expressions like as if I was no longer welcome. I ran out the door. It was snowing and it was dark. I ran as far as I could. I layed down on the ground and fell asleep.
I woke up from the sound of a bird. It was brighter outside. The sun was just rising over the trees. I really didn't want to go back to the house but I had to. For my mothers sake. Those were my relatives in there. The thing that happened with Renesmee yesterday was probably just a misunderstanding. I can't steal someones gifts it's not possible and even if it is I wouldn't be the one to do it. Theres nothing special about besides that I'm a freakshow. I got to my feet and sniffed the air. Alice was the one I was looking for. I new that if I could find her I could find the house. I ran southeast cause that's were she was. After a few minutes I saw the house. So I was a pretty decent tracker I guess. I opened the door to the house and ran upstairs. No one had even noticed me, that was a good thing. When I got to my room Alice was sitting on the bed waiting for me. I ignored her and opened the closet door. I got a new pair of jeans, a top, a sweater and a jacket. I grabbed them and ran for the bathroom. Inside the bathroom was a drawer with underwear. The second drawer was mine. I took a pair of hotpants and a bra and put them on the toilet with my other clothes. I turned the water on in the shower and jumped in. It was nice after sleeping in the woods and getting all wet. I washed my hair slowly. I wasn't in a hurry to go anywhere. I stood there with my back toward the door when I heard it open. As a reflex I turned around to see what was going on. It was Seth who had opened the door. I screamed and covered up my body. The shower cabin of glass didn't exactly help. He was still standing there.
- Get out!
I yelled at him. He closed the door. I rinsed off quickly and got dressed. I ran for my room. Alice was still sitting on my bed. I blow dried my hair quickly and put some mascara on. She was still there.
- What do you want?
- Then why are you sitting on my bed?
- I just wanted to say good morning.
- Erhmm okay. Good morning Alice.
- Good morning.
She said as she got out of my room.
- Oh breakfast is served in five minutes.
She said when she was in the doorway.
- Okay thanks Alice.
Seth had seen me naked. It would only be fair if I got to see him naked. I wanted to see him naked. Oh god what's wrong with me? I hate him for making me feel this way. I'm just going to ignore him and if he speaks to me I'll be nothing but rude. Five minutes were up now. I ran downstairs. They were all sitting round the kitchen island. But there were only four plates on the island. One for me, one for Nessa, one for Jacob and one for Seth. As I thought his name a grimace showed on my face.
- Good morning.
- Good morning.
- Take a seat.
She told me.
I said as I sat down at the island.
- So as you might have noticed some of us arent showing ourselves in public today. But Jacob and Seth can still go to their jobs. You're not supposed to start school until next week. So you'll have the day off like the rest of us.
- That's not fair.
- Jake and I want to spend time with the new kid aswell.
- My name is Teresa.
I snapped at him.
- Fine Teresa.
- Yes well maybe you can take the day off then.
No, no, no, no.
Seth screamed. Oh god no. My face fell.
- What's wrong?
Carlisle asked me.
- Nothing I'm just tired I guess.
- How did you find your way back to the house?
- She helped you?
- No I followed her scent.
- But I've never been out there.
- No I know but I follwed it anyway.
- So you're a tracker?
- Guess I am.
- So you're father is a tracker?
- But who is he?
- Erhmm Demetri.
- People in this family just attracts enemies.
- What are you talking about?
- Well first Edward and Bella, then you and Nessa, then Masen and Alec, then Ale and Demetri. And I'm sure that Teresa will have something for Seth. Once again it happens.
She laughed. She had no idea how right she was.
- Nothing's going to happen between Teresa and Seth, right Seth?
Somehow I felt like he was going to break that promise. It didn't make me feel better at all knowing that he'd promised his Alpha to stay away from me.
- Just to be sure, we go to school in Fairbanks right?
- So what fun are we doing today?
- We can build the largest snowcastle ever.
- Emmet you already did that.
- Yeah but I want to do it again.
- I'm with you.
- Me too.
- I'm in.
We ran out and within five minutes that largest snowcastle ever was finished. It was huge. It looked like a fantasy castle.
- Now what?
- Now we put on are swimsuits and go to the hottub.
- You have a hottub?
- Yeah, now go get changed.
I ran upstairs to my room and opened the closet door. I saw a normal bikini so I put it on. It had a small golden next on one side. It said '' Dolce''. I put it on quickly put on a robe and ran outside. Everyone was already in the tub.
- Hey Teresa.
- Show me which bikini you chosed.
I opened the robe and showed my body- which was not as pale as the others- and looked at Alice.
- Yeah well it was the only one that didn't have ruffles and stuff on it.
- It looks good on you.
I hadn't noticed that Seth was staring at me. It was really annoying.
- Get in.
I took my robe off and put it on the bench. Then I got in the tub. It was really warm. Nice.
- You've got a tatoo.
- Yeah I got it before I left Italy. As a memory of my parents.
The tears fell down as I said this. My parents who I'd never meet again.
- What is it?
- It's their reflection on the water. Well a small piece of it anyway.
- It's beautiful.
- Do you miss them alot?
- Yeah too much. It's like a piece of me is missing. But they just wanted to protect me from...Felix.
Renesmee's face turned sad and Jacob's turned angry. Edward and Bella looked like as if they had a flashback.
- So what do you do for fun in Fairbanks?
I quickly changed the subject.
- Well there really isn't anything fun to do here. If you want fun you go to Ancourage.
Carlisle came out of the house. He walked toward us.
- Are you having a nice time?
He asked me.
- So we are going hunting today.
He told the others.
- Who's in?
- We are.
- Us too.
- Yeah me too.
- Me and Jacob are in.
- No thanks I think I'll pass this time.
- Okay, Seth?
- I hunted yesterday.
- Okay. Well we leave at noon if you change you're minds.
We both said at the same time.
- Well we should go get dressed. We leave in an hour.
- And pack some clothes. We'll be gone the whole week.
- The whole week?
- Yeah. Don't worry you'll be fine.
I sat in the tub until the water got cold. Which were about four hours after they left. I got out of of the tub and put my robe on. I walked upstairs slowly and got in the shower. I needed to rinse off, I felt like a raisin and I probably looked like one too. By the time I got out of the shower it was twelve pm. I was hungry. I put on a new pair og hotpants and a top and went downstairs to get a snack. I opened the fridge and grabbed the first thing I saw, it was a sandwich with Seth's name on it. I'm pretty sure it will piss him off. I smiled to myself and tool a bite of the sandwich. It was delicious but that was probably just cause I'd stolen it to piss him off. I took a seat at the kitchen island. It was cold here and that probably showed on my breasts. I didn't care, Seth was probably asleep anyway. I heard someone running down the stairs and of course it was Seth, who else would it be. He ignored me and went straight to the fridge. He opened it and closed it, he didn't find anything to eat. He looked at me and then his eyes turned mad.
- Hey that's my sandwich.
I asked and waved it in front of him.
- Yeah that.
I took another bite of it.
- Give it to me.
- You'll have to force me.
I grinned at him. He tried to reach it, but he failed. He got even more mad. I climbed up on the kitchen island and waved the sandwich in front of him. Then I jumped down and ran to the living room. He ran after me, I ran back to the kitchen. I dropped the sandwich.
I said with a smile on my face.
- You really shouldn't have done that.
He told me.
- Why not?
I asked. He pushed me up against the kitchen counters and kissed me. A small moan came from my chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he helped me to get up on the counter. He didn't wear a shirt, I touched his bare chest and stomach. I pushed him away.
- Damn it Seth!
- You promised.
- Promised what?
- That nothing would happen between us.
- Nothing did.
- You think this is nothing?
I asked, then I kissed him.
- It's nothing.
- It is.
He kissed my neck.
- Stop it Seth!
- I hate you.
- I hate you more.
- Not possible.
I walked upstairs. I was so mad that I could kill someone. I can't believe he did that after he promised Jacob he wouldn't. GOD! Why couldn't he just keep his promise like a normal person. I fell asleep after a long time.
I'd woken up at seven am but it's four pm now and I still havent left my room. I was too afraid. It was my fault he did it. I lead him on. I should go apologize. I found a pair of shorts and a new top, I put them on. I opened the door and got out of my room quietly. I walked downstairs to the kitchen. Seth was kissing a girl, a sexy girl with no pants. The tears were coming. I stood there for a while crying. They hadn't noticed me yet. Seth turned around and saw me standing there. I ran outside, I ran for my life. The life that never exsisted. I felt like I was going to expload from pain.
Seth came running after me. He stopped me and hugged me.
- Get off of me!
I yelled. I hit him.
- Let me explain.
- Explain what? You have absolutley nothing to explain to me. You can make out with girls in the kitchen as much as you want. We are not a couple, were not in love.
- I'm just not used to seeing that. I was going to apologize for last night. I know I lead you on. And I'm sorry for that.
- I should've stopped you.
- Yeah you should have, but I'm supposed to be able to stop myself.
- I think I'm falling in love with you.
He said. In love? No, no, no.
- Yeah I'm serious.
- No you're not. If you were you wouldn't have that girl in the kitchen.
- I was hurt last night when you said you hated me.
- We..you said you hated me to.
- I know I did and I regret that.
- Just to make one thing clear I don't really hate you.
- I kind of noticed.
- Well if you hated me you wouldn't have ran out like you did.
- Oh one other thing.
- I'm really not that kind of girl.
- I know.
- Only sometimes.
I winked at him.
He laughed, then he kissed me. I was shivering. He was so warm. I hugged him tightly. I didn't ever want to let go.
- This is to good to be true right?
- Probably yeah.
I told him.
- You promised.
- I know I did.
- So how angry is he going to be on a scale from one to ten?
- Oh probably one million.
He smiled at me.
- How can you smile?
- It's impossible not to smile when I'm with you.
I smiled when he said that but then I remembered the girl in the kitchen.
- What about the girl in the kitchen?
- Oh she was just leaving when you came downstairs.
- Did you sleep with her?
I would probably regret this but I had to know.
He said. The tears were coming again.
- Hey don't cry.
We stood there quiet for a minute. I'd stopped hugging him.
- I wish I'd never asked you.
- I guess that now that I know, I know that I really didn't want to know.
- Oh okay.
- Could we just pretend that today didn't happen?
He smiled at me. I felt like singing. You're just to good to be true, I can't take my eyes off of you, you feel like heaven to touch, I wan't to hold you so much. You're just to good to be true, I can't take my eyes off of you. I have no idea who sung that song, the only thing I know is that I heard it right before we left Italy. That's what he is, he is to good to be true, and I can't take my eyes off of him and he does feel like heaven to touch. I want to hold him so much. It felt like we were the only two people in the world, and that felt good. I could stay in this moment forever just standing here staring at him. Staring at his bare chest in the sunlight. He didn't sparkle like I did in the sun but he was still more perfect and beautiful than anyone I've ever seen or met. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, start a family. Meet his family, did he have brothers or sisters? What was his parents like, how did his childhood neighborhood look? Did he have a family pet named Bonzoo? I wanted to know everything about him. His childhood crushes, if he'd ever broken anything. I wanted him to know me aswell but eight days of life isn't very much to talk about. His expression changed, he looked sad. As him someone had sucked all of the happiness that he'd just had right out of him.
- What's wrong?
He answered quickly.
- I know there's something, I can see it in your eyes.
- It's going to end.
- What's going to end?
- This, us, you and me.
- It doesn't have to end Seth.
- He'll never let us be together. He doesn't think I'm good enough for you.
He said with sadness and anger in his voice.
- Look if you just talk to Jacob I'm sure he'll accept it.
- I'm not talking about Jacob.
- Then who are you talking about?
I asked surprized.
- Your dad.
- My dad?
- What are you talking about?
- He doesn't think I'm good enough for you.
- My father doesn't even know who you are.
- Yes he does. He's met me.
- Okay he's met you but he still doesn't know what's going on between you and me.
- No he doesn't but as soon as someone besides you and me will find out he'll find out to.
- Nessa. She's going to tell your mom and then you're mom will tell your dad.
- So this is it then?
I asked with tears in my eyes.
- This is the end.
- Really Seth I thought that you'd be more of a man.
I ran back to the house. I'd left him stunned. I ran upstairs, opened my closet and dug through it to find a bag. I found one a big one. I threw a bunch of clothes in it and the laptop. Then I hurried to the bathroom to get some underwear. I threw the underwear in my bag and closed it. Seth came in to my room.
- You're leaving?
He asked surprized and with pain in his voice.
- Yeah, what's the point of staying when there's nothing here for me?
- You're family is here.
- No my family is in Volterra.
- Don't make them suffer because of me.
- You're not the only reason. I miss my parents.
- Yeah espacially your father.
- There's nothing wrong with my father, he's just trying to protect me.
- I'm sure he is.
- Stop talking about my father like that.
- How am I supposed to talk about the man that's keeping me from being with you?
- He's not keeping me from being with you. You made that choice.
- You would go against your father's wishes to be with me?
- Yeah, but it's too late for that. You've made you're choice.
- I take it back.
- It's too late Seth.
- No it's not.
- Yes it is, you hurt me a lot when you just gave up.
Those were going to be my final words. I grabbed my bag and my passport and started walking out of my room. He stopped me.
- I can't let you leave without kissing you a last time.
He said and then he kissed me. I didn't want to leave him, but I had to. He'd hurt me. Besides I really don't fit in here at all. But I kissed him back. I put my bag on the table next to the door and dropped my passport on the floor. I wrapped my arms around him and he pushed me back to the bed. Seth took my sweater off quickly. I didn't want to wait another minute for us to be one. I'd been waiting for that to happen since I was born. I just didn't know in what way or with who. Now I knew, it had to be Seth. A moan came from me. I took my top off and he removed my shorts. I didn't wear a bra so the only thing between me breast and his chest was nothing. That made it even more exciting, I wanted him so bad I couldn't stop myself even if I wanted to. He removed his jeans and now we were almost naked. The only clothing left were his boxers and my hotpants. But those didn't stay on very long after that. He kissed my neck and continued kissing me downward to my most private part. I moaned loudly when he kissed me down there. Then he lay on top of me and kissed me on the lips, my hands were on his back. I felt him harden under me so I moaned once more. He was ready now, I could feel it. He got in on the first try, and when he did I pressed my nails into his back and that made him moan from pain.
I woke up at four am. It was pitch black outside. I turned around in my bed. Seth was asleep next to me. He looked even more devine in his sleep. I got out of bed and got dressed. I needed to find a piece of paper, I was going to write Seth a letter. I had to leave even if I didn't want to. I searched the room quietly and found a piece of paper and a pen. Seth I wrote.
I'm really sorry but I have to go anyway. I don't belong here.
I need to be with my family, in my home.
And I know that if I stayed something or someone would
have found a way to break us up anyway.
My only dream is to be with you in a place were no one cares
who we are but there is no such place in this world.
A vampire and a werewolf can't be together.
It could only end bad, it's better that I leave now then to have you
die in sixty years. I couldn't bare that. I would die on the inside.
I love you more than the entire world.
I was already crying. I left the letter in his pillow and kissed his forehead before I left. I left a letter to Esmé and Alice too.
Esmé and Alice.
I had to go back to Italy. I'm sorry if this causes anyone any pain.
That was never my intention. You might notice that Seth will be
a little sad for the next few days but he'll get over it. I know he will.
Take care of him for me and remind him that he has a life.
Without me, he will be alright. He will forget me. Don't let him come
after me. It will only hurt him more. I love you.
PS. Don't let anyone else read this letter.DS.
I left that letter on the kitchen island. Then I grabbed the keys to a car. I left a note in the key bowl that said were they would find the car. I pressed te button on the key when I got out on the driveway. The lights on a silver volvo blinked. I threw my bag in the backseat of the car and drove away. I drove to Ancourage with tears streaming time my face the whole drive. When I got to the airport I checked for flights. There was one leaving for Milano in an hour. I booked a seat on that flight. The flight took longer than usual. When I got to Volterra I was exhausted. But I didn't care. I walked in to the ''lobby'', there was a new woman sitting there but I knew that she knew that all of us were vampires. I walked up to her.
- Buon giorno.
- Buon giorno.
She said back. The woman had light red hair and green eyes. She was beautiful, for a human.
- How can I help you miss?
- I'm looking for Alecsandra.
- Yeah. Or Demetri or Masen.
- Oh that Alecsandra.
- Yeah that Alecsandra.
- May I ask what you want with her?
- No you may not.
She looked stunned by my rudeness. I really didn't mean to be rude but I was tired, hungry, sad and a bit pissed. She said something in a little mic. Then she turned to me.
- She'll be here any minute.
- Thank you.
I smiled. She looked a bit happier.
- I'm just doing my job.
- Well you're good at what you do.
- Thank you.
- Just telling the truth.
She looked very happy now. I took a seat on a couch.
To be continued.