There are a total of 68 characters in Breaking Dawn, here is a list of them in alphabetical order:
- Afton: is a vampire member of the Volturi guard.
- Alec: is a vampire, and also is a member of the Volturi guard, serving as one of the highest ranked guards.
- Alistair: is an English nomadic vampire, friend of Carlisle Cullen.
- April: is the secretary of Jason Jenks.
- Aro: is one of three vampires who lead the Volturi.
- Quil Ateara: is a member of the wolf pack.
- Athenodora: is the wife and mate of Caius and a member of the Volturi family.
- Billy Black: is the father of Rachel, Rebecca and Jacob Black.
- Jacob Black: is a La Push shape-shifter or "werewolf", second in command of Sam Uley's Pack and later Alpha of his own.
- Brady: is one of the youngest members of the shapeshifter pack.
- Caius: is a vampire, one of the three ancient leaders of the Volturi.
- Embry Call: is a shape-shifter from La Push and one of Jacob Black's best friends and most important pack members.
- Charles: is an European nomadic vampire.
- Chelsea: is a vampire member of the Volturi's guard.
- Ben Cheney: is a boy who goes to school with Bella, and is the boyfriend of Angela Weber in the novels.
- Claire: is the niece of Emily Young, the cousin of Seth and Leah Clearwater, and was imprinted upon by Quil Ateara in Eclipse.
- Leah Clearwater: is the daughter of Harry and Sue Clearwater. She is Seth Clearwater's older sister and the only known female shape-shifter.
- Seth Clearwater: is a member of Jacob's shapeshifter pack and was is Leah's younger brother and member of the La Push werewolf pack.
- Sue Clearwater: is a Quileute woman who lives on the La Push reservation. She is the mother of Leah Clearwater and Seth Clearwater.
- Collin: is one of the youngest members of Sam Uley's pack.
- Corin: is a vampire member of the Volturi guard, who appeared only in the vampire index of Breaking Dawn.
- Alice Cullen: is a precognitive vampire, member of the Olympic Coven.
- Carlisle Cullen: is a vampire and the founder and leader of the Olympic Coven.
- Edward Cullen: is a vampire and a member of the Olympic Coven. He is the husband of Bella Swan and the father of Renesmee Cullen.
- Emmett Cullen: is a vampire and member of the Olympic Coven. He is the husband and soul mate of Rosalie Hale.
- Esme Cullen: is a vampire and the matriarch of the Olympic Coven. She is the wife of Carlisle Cullen.
- Renesmee Cullen: is the daughter of Edward Cullen and Bella Swan, and the imprintee of Jacob Black.
- Demetri: is a vampire with a tracking ability much more powerful than James', as well as a member of the Volturi Guard.
- Deputy Mark: is a character in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga, mentioned only in Breaking Dawn.
- Phil Dwyer: is Renée Dwyer's second husband and Bella Cullen's step-father.
- Renée Dwyer: is Phil Dwyer's wife the ex-wife of Charlie Swan, the mother of Bella Swan.
- Felix: is a vampire member of the Volturi guards.
- Gustavo: accompanies Kaure as Bella and Edward Cullen's attendant while on their honeymoon on Isle Esme.
- Jasper Hale: is one of the few surviving vampires of the Southern Vampire Wars, who later joined the Olympic Coven.
- Rosalie Hale: is a vampire member of the Olympic Coven. She is the wife and soul mate of Emmett Cullen.
- Heidi: is a vampire member of the Volturi guard.
- Irina: was a vampire, one of the original Denali "sisters" and an originator of the myth of the succubus.
- Jane: is a vampire and the twin sister of Alec as well as a sadistic member of the Volturi Guard.
- Jared: is a Quileute shape-shifter, one of the five to imprint: he did so on a girl he sat next to in class, Kim.
- Joham: is a vampire, or Libishomen, living in South America.
- Kaure: s a minor character in book 1 of Breaking Dawn, being Edward and Bella Cullen's attendant in their house on Isle Esme.
- Kebi: is a member of the Egyptian Coven. She is extremely quiet and never talks.
- Lizzie: is a young girl who met Jacob Black at a park when he drove Edward's Aston Martin Vanquish away from Forks.
- Makenna: is a nomadic vampire from Europe.
- Marcus: is one of three vampire leaders of the Volturi in Volterra, who live what Edward described as a very civilized and educated lifestyle.
- Austin Marks: is a minor character in the Twilight series, best friends with Connor and Ben Cheney.
- Max: works for Jason Scott Jenks during the events of Breaking Dawn.
- Mrs. Weber: is the wife of Mr. Weber and the mother of Isaac Weber, Joshua Weber and Angela Weber.
- Mike Newton: is one of the students who attends Forks High School with Bella Swan.
- Paul: is a Quileute shapeshifter. He was the third one to join the pack, and is the most volatile member of the pack.
- Pire: was the human mother of the half-vampire Nahuel and the younger sister of Huilen.
- Renata: is a vampire member of the Volturi Guard.
- Santiago: is a vampire member of the Volturi guard.
- Jason Scott Jenks: is a lawyer and purveyor of illegal documents in his fifties.
- Jessica Stanley: is a friend of Bella's, and plays a minor role in the series.
- Sulpicia: is a vampire and Aro's wife. She's a member of the Volturi family.
- Bella Swan: is the wife of Edward Cullen and is a member of the Olympic Coven. She becomes a vampire and is mother to Renesmee Cullen.
- Charlie Swan: is the father of Bella Swan and Chief of Police in Forks, Washington.
- Joshua Uley: is a minor character mentioned in Eclipse and Breaking Daw
- Sam Uley: is a La Push shape-shifter, also known as "werewolf".
- Vasilii: was an immortal child created by Sasha, and the reason why both of them were killed by the Volturi.
- Vladimir: is a vampire of the Romanian Coven.
- Angela Weber: is one of Bella's classmates from Forks High School.
- Isaac Weber: is the young brother of Angela Weber. He has a twin brother named Joshua.
- Joshua Weber: is the young brother of Angela Weber. He has a twin brother named Issac.
- Mr. Weber: is the husband of Mrs. Weber and the father of Isaac Weber, Joshua Weber, and Angela Weber.
- Eric Yorkie: is a classmate of Bella's, first introduced in Twilight, and is described as being a geek.
- Emily Young: is a young woman from the Makah tribe and Sam Uley's fiancée.