That Other Eclipse DVD Commentary
Some Australians have posted that they have already received their Eclipse DVDs that were pre-ordered. Thank goodness for those who know we love any advance info. WARNING this is a DVD spoiler. Below are highlights from the Wyck and Stephenie commentary. This is not word for word so you can still watch it when you get your DVD but this is a preview of what is to come in 4 days!!!
Find a DVD release party here.
Stephenie Meyer/ Wyck Godfrey Producer Commentary
OK I know many expected this to be pretty boring, but these 2 are actually funny and interesting, though not as entertaining as Rob/Kristen. They
did it before the premiere, so they wonder at the audience’s reaction to
certain scenes. If you can’t be bothered watching it yourselves, here
are the best parts:
• Supposedly a drunk friend was recording Xavier in his video audition he sent in.
• The title art was initially different. SM: It was boring.
• They chat about Bella having a voiceover at the start of every movie.
Wyck suggests Kristen’s voiceover for BD will simply be “I’m pregnant”.
• SM describes the wig being a “diva”. i.e. requiring attention
• They joke about how Charlie is always drinking beer describing him as
being the most alcoholic cop in movie history. SM describes him as the
unsung hero of the Twilight series. Everyone loves Charlie. Then Wyck
says he’s a “sung hero”. People have actually written songs about him so
lookout on the next soundtrack.
• SM: Kristen’s skin is beautiful. (I whole heartedly agree SM!)
• They talk about fighting over the music. SM wanted Florence and the Machine song in the Beck and Bat for Lashes scene.
• SM likes Jasper’s hair despite it changing every movie. She thinks they finally got it right.
• They love Sarah Clarke. SM concludes Charlie and Renee are getting married again.
• In the Bella riding off on Jacob’s motorbike scene they laugh about the windshield wipers on Edward’s car stopping right in front of Rob’s face
all the time.
• Imprinting: They decided the Claire/Quil story will be held until BD
• They call the wolfpack nudists running around in “jorts”
• A few people on set replicated the “spider monkey” scene in the Cullen house soundstage.
• The tribal story scene was the worst scene to shoot besides the baseball scene in Twilight.
• Kristen as the 3rd wife made the test audience laugh-unintentionally funny so they cut it.
• SM talking about the books of the Twilight Saga: “Chris really gets the rough end of the stick. He got the weird one” LOL
• Like me, SM also loves the sound of Bella’s hand crunching Jake’s face.
• All the producers practiced the Jacob/Bella kiss.
• SM walked out of Wyck’s trailer upset after seeing Angryward scene. She
knew Jacob’s arm would be ripped off if Eddie ever tried to grab him by
• SM/Wyck call Emmett and Rosalie jerks for not coming to the graduation of their siblings.
• Wyck wanted Jacob to come into the graduation party scene as wolves to make a more dramatic entrance, or wearing jorts.
• Like Rob, Wycke also jokes that Alice looks drunk walking down the stairs before the flashback.
• Wycke to SM: “ you’re a logic nazi!”
• SM: Talking about changing the style of the wolves between NM and
Eclipse: “It’s just like the hair. Next time the wolves will be
• Jacob wolf looking arthritic as he walks away from Bella-I totally thought that as well
• Wyck doing a Tenessee accent (its terribly funny)
• Like Rob, SM also commenting about Jasper’s “They’re verr come in the south”
• SM on the kid Jasper killed in the flashback: “That kid was nice, it
was sad when we had to kill him. We should have picked some child actor
who nobody liked”
• Talking about having a hot Rod party. SM : “the thing about wyck is, he lies a lot, and you can’t tell when he’s
lying or not.” Wyck: “Can we put Andy Samberg in BD?”
• SM has heard “imprint” and “battle” too many times, she no longer likes those words
• SM was there for the leg hitch scene (there may be hope for the BD sex scene to be hot?)
• SM: “Kristen’s really authentic and vulnerable. “ (thumbs up SM!)
• Kristen running down to talk to SM wondering if she could do anything else during the leg hitch scene.
• Proposal scene: Rob keeps the ring under the bed. The first time they forgot about giving him the ring.
• Leg hitch: They knew it was a fandom request
• Wyck talking about Bella trying to seduce Edward: “I thought she could
have had him.” SM: “If only she had you there to advice her wyck.”
• They were almost going to flashback to Edward courting Bella back in
the olden days in black/white. Would have been unintentionally funny.
• In proposal scene Rob stressed out a lot. In the end the scene looked effortless
• Scene where Riley/Victoria kiss. Wyck: “He bites her lip!” SM: “ooh yeh I think you would lose a bit of lip there.”
• Korts=khaki shorts, Wyck plans to make a new line. SM will make a swing dance commercial for them.
• Taylor dropped Kristen going up a hill when he had to carry her.
• They all bought parka’s for the mountain top scene. It was hot, they
didn’t need them. They send their thanks to producer Bill Bannerman
• First take of tent scene, Jacob kept his distance not touching her at all. They reshot as SM insisted he be holding her.
• Edward/Jacob bromance is mentioned a few times
• They mention people having to shaking the tent outside to imitate the wind.
• For the tent scene Taylor emptied a trash can (everyone wondered why).
It was for Kristen to make her feel more comfortable because she was
terribly sick that day
• SM and Wyck commenting on Kristen not wearing her big jacket when walking out of the tent in the morning. They
suggest Kristen throwing down the jacket in the scene and saying “you
knew he was listening. i hate that coat!!”
• Jacob/Bella kissing scene: 2 different filming locations. SM added the last little kiss
between J/B. SM: This required more demonstrative kissing “everyone was
• THEY FILMED JACOB/BELLA GETTING OLD TOGETHER. They had a grey bella wig and everything. But everybody
laughed so they cut it out. WHY ISNT IT ON THE DVD?!?! WHERE IS IT??
WHEN WILL WE GET TO SEE IT?!!
• OK i don’t get this. SM: “At least they cut the part where they then continued the hunt and they
leaped over a log and now Bella is being played by a very muscular stunt
man i believe. Also now bella is ripped. It was a very interesting
aspect of her vampire transformation.” NO IDEA.
• They had a nickname for a newborn whose make up stood out: The “neon newborn”
• SM: “Esme kicks butt. A lot of creative ways to kill people.”
• SM mythology issues. She believes it looks too easy to kill a vamp. They should have to work more to do it.
• There was a Bree/Esme scene that was cut. Its not on the DVD.
• SM “bryce’s face kills me” “crazy beautiful its unreal”
• SM: “Xaviers face is so noble.”
• Wyck: (joking about Xavier)We really did take his arm off for this shot. Method acting
• Edward trying to get Victoria to attack him and not run away. Wycke:
“Turn him into “ass” SM: “Oh wycke. These movies would be really
different if you were writing them. They would be funny!”
• SM about Bella/Edward running from Victoria: “Hide behind the tree, that would fool her!”
• Wyck: “Kristen should do an all out action film. She’s really really
athletic.” (I agree!) SM: “Oh she so should. I loved watching her run in
New Moon, in Italy”. Wyck: “Really?” SM: “yeh she looks so good”
• They sped up the speed of blood running down Bella’s arm
• There were shots of Riley’s disbelief as Victoria ignored his screaming that were cut out.
• SM on Edward: “i learnt this one in Italy!” as he bites off Victoria’s head.
• SM (funny voice): “Theres Leah. Screwing things up again!”
• W: “There was a shot where a wolf phased into naked Jacob, Ultimately too nudie.”
• SM: “I am always jealous of Jane’s outfits.”
• Rob/Kris kept laughing off camera trying to get Dakota to laugh when she was in character as Jane. They succeeded.
• SM went around saying “Pity” a lot after seeing the movie. (imitating Jane)
• Bree falls to the ground screaming. SM: “She’s so cute.”
• SM talks about auditions for Bree: 250 people screaming. Many of them badly. It was a painful experience.
• SM on Bella talking to Jacob when he’s sick: “Everyones listening. And they all want to beat you when you come back out.”
• They say the Jacob/Bella scene at the end is a great scene!
• Then they complain about sheens of sweat, pillow sweat etc.
• Then they start joking about bad medical props. Wyck: Carlisle is to medicine like Charlie is to the police force. LOL
• Wycke: Kristen’s fantastic again.
• There was song before metric that was supposed to be in the final scene
that they got attached to. It was already released. They don’t say what
song it was.
• They talk about the score which was made in England. SM: “Maybe we should film Isle Esme in England. Because its
very tropical and warm!”
• SM on Bella’s final speech: “It feels like she’s made progression. She understands herself a little bit more.”
• Wyck on Edward giving Bella the ring at the end: “You missed the fight where she threw it at him. Oh yeh good offscreen!”
• Wyck had a fantastic idea for Bella when Edward wouldn’t let her see
Jacob.SM: “She storms upstairs. Theres a Picture of Joan Jett stuck by
her mirror. She nods to herself and pulls out the scissors”. W: She
looks in the mirror at herself and cuts her hair! Like joan jett. SM:
Then we would be done! W: Then entire movie with hair like joan jett.
That would have been fun. SM: No one ever listens to you Wyck.
• Wyck: “There are a few people we would like to thank....” SM thanks the
Craft services, they’re like set mums. They make grilled cheese
sandwhiches like no other.
• Then they get serious and thank the director, assistants etc.
http://save-the-zebra.livejournal.com/ via Lion and Lamb