We thought with "New Moon" being on the horizon in November, we could all start gearing but for a big bash or have a Twilight themed party just for fun NOW! Twifans wants to make sure you have plenty of ideas to knock your party goers socks off!
First off...make it a dress up party! Friends dressing up like Twilight characters or old fashioned vampires is the best way to make it festive. And here are some examples.
Alice Cullen on a dressy occasion.
Best friends Bella Swan and Alice Cullen.
Jasper Hale, Alice Cullen, Old fashioned vampire, Bella Swan, and Edward Cullen.
Rosalie in the the early 1900's.
James and Victoria.
A book cover if you are truly costume making gifted!
Invitations are the best way to get your guests excited about the party and set the tone for the whole event. So they are very important.
Print your own!!!!
1.Use the Twilight font when creating invitations or other materials for your party. The font is called Zephyr and it is download free at: http://bellaandedward.com/funfonts.php
2. Use a used tea bag to age the invitations so they look old. Depending on how many invites you are making, you may need more than one.
3. Add a favorite twilight photo and add it to the invite with ribbon. All you need is a h*** punch for this!
4. Print the book cover and make an invitation that is folded in half, like a book.
Making a centerpiece for your food table is a great way to show off your creative side. People linger and visit around the food so make sure your table is awesome.
1. Set you food at different levels. Make sure you have different colored tablecloths to help cover up bowls turned upside down, boxes, books, or whatever you use to make your food interesting on levels.
2. Centerpiece ideas...
The vampire baseball centerpiece. See how it has all the Cullen's names on the baseballs.
Twilight Book Series centerpieces.
Lion and Lamb centerpiece.
Cullen Crest cookie centerpiece. This is a large cookie that was hand painted with the Cullen crest and then place in a shadowbox frame.
Twilight cake centerpiece. But it's not cake it's styrofoam.
1. Use the actual books as decorations by displaying them around the room.
2. The book jackets are very striking so pull colors to decorate with from the covers. Use red, white and black colors as the main focus.
3. Decorate your room/table with items from the book covers. Many of these make excellent place cards with a name tag attached. Red apples, red satin ribbons, red/white ruffled parrot tulips and chess pieces (white queen and red pawns). Large individual chess pieces can be ordered online through links found at: www.wholsalechess.com
4. Hang Twilight movie posters around the room.
5. Fill jars with red, white and/or black candies. These can serve not only for décor but as treats and favors.
6. Scan/print the covers of books and place in black frames around your home. You could also frame photos of characters from the movie.
7. Use tiny white, red or black strands of christmas/halloween lights as decor.
8. Make a bloody candle by dripping melted wax from a red candle around a white candle. Use these in a centerpiece as a subtle accent.
9. Make a bloody glass by dipping the rim of a glass or goblet into a mixture of corn syrup and red food coloring. Let drip down glass. It will set up slightly so you can make these ahead of time.
10. Use a fog machine and umbrellas to give the effect of Forks, Washington - rainy and misty.
1. Have a private screening of the movie and have a game that goes along with it. (ie. yell when vampire is said through out the movie)
2. Twilight trivia questions with prizes.
3. Don't say Edward game...use a safety pin with balck and white checkered ribbon on each guest. If you are wearing a ribbon and you say Edward, then the person who notices takes your ribbon. The person at the end of the party with the most ribbons wins a prize.
4. Play Twilight "Who Said It". Read a quote and see who can guess who said it. Make some hard and some easier. Check out this link for quotes: www.twilight-quotes.com
5. Have a contest who can draw a particular scene from the books the best. Set a several minute time limit. Have quite a few different scenes and choose a different one each round. This is a twist on the game of Pictionary.
6. Have a Twilight scavenger hunt. Divide into groups and make a list of anything related to Twilight. Make some items hard and some easy and assign point values. Set a time limit (1 hour or so) and have the groups meet back at that time. Have items on the lists such as: a red apple, an umbrella, a fork, something that sparkles, a picture of a piano, a wolf, a queen chess piece, vampire teeth, a matchbox exotic car, etc.
7. Bob for red apples or place on a string to see who can eat theirs the fastest with no hands.
8. Set up a photo station where guests can have a photo taken in a Twilight themed setting. Add a big poster of Edward or enlarge a poster of Edward and Bella and cut out Bellas face. Let guests insert their face to have a photo with Edward.
Although the Cullen vampires don't eat human food they do drink animal blood. A little blood themed food would add to the overall Twilight theme but don't get gory or too over the top. Make it fun and in good taste.
1. Serve red punch or soda.
2. Create bottle wraps around red soda bottles. Check out http://www.zazzle.com/vampire_soda_stickers-217653565123330310
for some cool bottle wraps.
3. Decorate with red/white and black edible glitter (or rainbow glitter - as Edwards skin sparkles in the sunlight). Check out www.fancyflours.com for edible glitter and crystal sugars.
4. Serve apple shaped cookies.
5. Create cupcakes with a red jam filled center (scoop out top and fill with jam after baking and replace top or insert piping tip and fill with jam). Frost with white icing. Poke two holes in the top and make a small crescent shape to look as thought it was bitten. Drizzle a tiny amount of red jam or red piping gel from the bite mark to look like the cupcake is bleeding.
sells candy that looks like medical blood bags.
7. Apple Beer comes in really cool black cans with red apples on them. It would fit well in a Twilight themed party.
8. Use red paste food coloring in butter and pour over popped popcorn. You could also drizzle popped corn with red candy melts.
After all that you should be ready to throw a party even Alice would be proud of!!!!