We were going for a lady-like look, rather than an edgy Kristen Stewart’ Jillian told ELLEuk.com, ‘the result was a more refined, clean make-up look’.
Jillian, Avon’s Global Creative Colour Director, started by applying Ideal Flawless Foundation in Ivory, £16, with a sponge to smooth her already porcelain skin. She then concealed where necessary with Ideal Flawless Concealer Stick, £7.
‘Next, I dotted black liquid liner in between Kristen’s upper lashes to fill in the tiny spaces and to give the appearance of fuller lashes’ explained Jillian. ‘Then I applied Jillian Dempsey for Avon Professional Kohl Eyeliner, £6.50, just above her upper lash line and used the smudger tip to blend a softer line under her lower lashes for a sultry look’.
Bold brows are big news this season so Jillian gave Kristen a structured brow with Glimmerstick Brow Definer in Dark Brown, £6, then she applied multiple layers of a rich, stone grey eyeshadow onto her eyelids using Supershock Eyeshadow Pencil in Moonshine and Starry Night, £7.
On the lips Jillian used Shine Attract Lipstick in Rose Bouquet Rose, £8.50 for a sophisticated look, topped with a little Glazewear Shine Lip Gloss in Iced Pink, £6.
‘I always like to finish with highlighting and contouring’ Jillian told us, ‘so I accented her cupid’s bow and cheekbones with a light iridescent powder (Illuminating Face Pearls, £9) and then defined her cheeks with True Colour Blush in Russet, £6.
Here are the steps :-
- Step 1: Start by applying Ideal Flawless Foundation in Ivory (£12) with a sponge, then use the Ideal Flawless Concealer Stick (£7) where needed.
- Step 2: Dot black liquid liner between the upper lashes to give a fuller appearance. Apply Jillian Dempsey for Avon Professional Kohl Eyeliner (£6.50) above the upper lash line, then use the smudger tip to blend a softer line under your lower lashes.
- Step 3: Get on the bold brow trend with the Glimmerstick Brow Definer in Dark Brown (£6) and add layers of Supershock Eyeshadow Pencil in Moonshine and Starry Night (£7) to lids.
- Step 4: Slick on Shine Attract Lipstick in Rose Bouquet Rose (£8.50) and finish lips with Glazewear Shine Lip Gloss in Iced Pink (£6).
- Step 5: Give your cheeks definition with True Colour Blush in Russet (£6) and you're done!
And there you have it, the secrets to Kristen’s cover star look.