Taylor Swift's video 'Back to December' hit the web today, and just as we suspected, the country cutie has dropped in plenty of hints about just who she penned the heartbreaking hit about.
Swift has a habit of writing songs about her relationships -- 'Forever and Always' and 'Dear John' are supposedly about her romances with Joe Jonas and John Mayer, respectively. Rumors say Swift wrote the tune, 'Back to December,' about her former flame Taylor Lautner, who she met on the set of 'Valentine's Day.'
'Back to December' itself has plenty of clues that the song is about Lautner. The song's title is reportedly a reference to the couple's December 2009 split, and Swift's lyrics describe "tan skin" and a "sweet smile" that seem to match Lautner's hunky looks, in addition to referencing the month of September, when the couple reportedly began their romance.
Swift, who admitted that the song is "A first for me, in that I've never apologized to someone in a song before," uses the video's stunning imagery to paint a pretty clear picture that she's sorry about what happened with the 'Twilight' star and maybe leave a few hints that she wants him back.
After the jump, we list our reasons why the video's a clear Taylor-to-Taylor message.
1. Swift's love interest makes the best of the cold weather in a leather jacket similar to the one Lautner is often caught out and about in.
2. Jilted video boyfriend spends a good amount of his thinking time in the bleachers of a school stadium. Lautner's character in 'Valentine's Day' spends most of his time in a similar setting, running track and occasionally making hurdles. Additionally, the stadium's dark blue paint job just so happens to be the same color as Lautner's home state of Michigan's college football team, the Wolverines. Their pep rally catchphrase? "Go Blue!"
3. The camera focuses on a small dog statue inside Swift's room. Lautner, an animal lover, has a Maltese named Roxy and goofed around with some pups on the set of his Teen Vogue shoot.
4. Swift's room in the video is littered with elephant memorabilia, including little statues and bookends. One of the couple's go-to date spots was Valencia, California's Elephant Bar.
5. When Swift goes downstairs in the video, there's a bicycle leaning against her wall. In the 'Twilight' series, Jacob Black's preferred mode of transportation is a motorbike.
6. Swift's dining room table may be sparsely decorated, but it does host an apple, the same fruit that appears on the cover of 'Twilight.'
7. When video boyfriend isn't moping in his truck or at the local sports arena, he's walking through farm country similar to Jacob Black's 'Twilight' stomping ground.
8. Although most of the titles on Swift's bookshelf are hard to make out, a book called 'Mastering Spanish' is clearly visible. In 'Valentine's Day,' Swift's character, Felicia, says she first noticed Lautner's character, Willy, because "he used to shoot spit wads at me in Spanish class."
9. Swift's bedroom in the video is full of globes. Who's going to be presenting at this Sunday's Golden Globes? Taylor Lautner, that's who.
And, to make it an even 10:
Swift's video boyfriend, much like Lautner, is a stone-cold fox.
Watch the video!