Source: Forks Mirror
The Daily Telegraph has listen 20 things that you couldn't know about the Twilight Saga... Check them out below!!
- More than 3000 actors auditioned for the role of Edward Cullen (played by Robert Pattinson). Author Stephanie Meyer's first choice was The Tudors star Henry Cavill, but by the time shooting began he was too old for the role, at 24.
Her first choice for Bella (played by Kristen Stewart) was Australian actress Emily Browning.
- The fourth book in the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn, looks to be broken down into two movies. "My personal feeling is that it would be very difficult to cram the whole story into one movie,'' Meyer says on her website.
"Everyone I've spoken with at Summit (the film studio) seems to feel the same way.''
- All the vampire cast have to wear golden, black or red contact lenses in the films depending on whether they're hungry and on what - or who - they've eaten. But Kristen Stewart has had to wear them the whole time too - her naturally green eyes didn't match Bella's brown ones.
(However, in the rainy Jacob/Bella break-up scene in New Moon they had to be altered in post production because the heavy rain meant she couldn't wear her contacts)
- Pattinson says that up until the age of 12, his sisters used to dress him up as a girl and introduce him as Claudia.
- It was Pattinson's performance in Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke's bedroom that won him the role of Edward. That is, his audition with Stewart, which was conducted on Hardwicke's bed at her beach house.
- When Bella is searching the internet for information about the Quileute tribe in Twilight and finds the link for the bookstore in Port Angeles, the link above it is for Little Brown. Little Brown is the publisher of the Twilight Saga.
- Pattinson performed two songs in Twilight, with only one making it to the soundtrack. Never Think is played during the Port Angeles dinner scene between Edward and Bella.
- Just before Jacob (played by Taylor Lautner) almost kisses Belle in New Moon he speaks to her in Quileute. Director Chris Weitz says the phrase means "stay with me forever''.
- Lautner had to gain almost 14 kilos to reprise his role of bigger, stronger Jacob in New Moon and Eclipse.
- Australian Wendy Chuck designed the costumes for the first Twilight movie.
- Before Twilight and his smaller role in Harry Potter, Pattinson's first job was ... a newspaper round. The Brit says he pocketed the equivalent of about $20 a week for the gig which he did from age 10.
- Stewart's mother, Jules Mann-Stewart, is a script supervisor originally from Maroochydore, Queensland. Stewart has said Noosa Heads is one of her favourite places in the world. She even likes Vegemite and has a border collie cross named Oz.
Before she landed the role in Twilight, she told www.moviesonline.ca she wanted to study at Sydney University.
- After the release of New Moon, Stewart was called up for jury duty. She sat on the panel for a three-day hearing involving sex, prostitutes and an undercover cop.
The defendant was declared not guilty, but a security guard at the court got in trouble for asking Stewart to pose for a photograph with him.
- Lautner won several American and international karate tournaments as a young martial arts enthusiast. He had three Junior World Championships under his black belt by the age of 12.
- The movie New Moon blitzed Australian box office records, taking more than $16 million when it opened on 530 screens on its first weekend. It beat the previous record of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by almost $2 million.
- The novel Breaking Dawn smashed all Australian sales records, flying off the shelves at a rate of 20,000 a week in January 2009 and beating Dan Brown's record for The Da Vinci Code of 14,500 a week in January 2005.
Worldwide sales for the Twilight saga stood at 42 million copies in January 2009, with 1.4 million of those sales coming from Australia.
- The Twilight book series has been translated into 20 languages.
- In the Twilight movie, when Bella wakes up in hospital after the fight with James and is talking with her mother about her injuries, the TV in the background is playing a montage of the previous fight scene in the ballet studio.
- As Bella and Edward walk into the Monte Carlo-themed prom at the end of Twilight, the evil vampire Victoria can be seen standing at one of the gambling tables.