According to The Oregonian (Portland's newspaper), our lovely View Point Inn that was featured in Twilight (the prom scene) caught fire today, Sunday, July 10. The 3-alarm fire was reported at 11:49 a.m., and most of the damage was to the roof, attic and third floor. The first and second floors suffered smoke and water damage. Most of the inn's roof is gone, according to the district fire chief. He said the fire was started on the roof by sparks from the chimney. Firefighters were able to save most of the inn's archives before they were damaged.
It seems that a couple of Twilight fans spotted the fire first and notified the innkeepers!
Go here for info: http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2011/07/...